News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Festivals' Effects On Some Downtown Businesses.

Started by jay, August 03, 2012, 08:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

capital grill shut down for one wk of rr. they and their workers are off for a wk. the workers did not recieve vacation pay. the owners must be very cheap people to work for in their est.

Lynds

Ive heard of many business owners taking advantage of the influx of people (30,000+) downtown. Im sad to hear these establishments did'nt even open there doors.

northside lurker

I don't think Capitol Grill was open at all this week.  Also, I don't remember for sure, but I don't think Bo Willie's was open on Thursday.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

The Food Court was nearly empty today.  When large festivals take place downtown, many of the downtown workers opt for the festival food.  This leaves many of the downtown restaurants without enough customers.

Today, Bo Willies was closed.  The Capitol Grill was Closed.  The Yogurt Corner closed at 1:00 p.m.

As for those seated in the Food Court, at least six of them purchased their food at the festival mobile food vendors and then chose to eat the food in the air conditioned Food Court.