News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Festivals' Effects On Some Downtown Businesses.

Started by jay, August 03, 2012, 08:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynn

iwasthere

it fest will lose its charm if moved to the covelli ctre. 

Lynn

Hi:  yes it was me that posted it . . . i  read it on another blog that some 'city officials' want it moved to the  Covelli center ........but no one seems to be naming the ppl wanting it moved . . that's still a mystery to me .     just to clarify.   

iwasthere

lyndz thanks for the clarity. as phil kidd and his frds on facebook they can take the rod that is up and out thier mmmmmm and quit being anal. these ethic festivals bring more people downtown then any other businesses that are presently dt.

Lyndz

it may have been lynn who said something, I dont think i posted anything about officials wanting to move it, the only person i know who wants to move it is PK and some of his friends on facebook.

iwasthere

lyndz previous post she made a comment about city leaders wanting to move it from the sq. ungaro screwed the st pat parade committee by pulling in kind police security from the parade then handed them a five thousand dollar bill for the city's police protection tthat is when boardman ts trustees welcome them with open arms.

kenneyjoe330

I have to travel on Market Street past the Court House in Warren several times a week and I get all kerplunked when I have to go around a few blocks  :o  But after a right and a left another left and a right (3-4 minutes max with everyone else doing the same thing) I am  just peachie keen and I left My kerplunked back at the detour sign  ;D  They block off Market and just look at how large the green space is around that Court House  :o  It is indeed the atmosphere. 
BYW Have you seen Warren's Hanging Baskets  :o  I am impressed  8) IMPRESSED ! ! !  They have had them every summer for a few years, really something to see.
Come On iwasthere who are you talking about - hugh hugh hugh  ???  We DEMAND to know - otherwise ":keep those kind of comments to youself  :P                                                         :laugh:                                ;D                         :laugh:

Towntalk

CLARAFICATION NEEDED

Some posters are suggesting that some city officials want to shut down any and all downtown festivals while others are suggesting that it's certain stores that want it done, so which is is?

When I suggested that we chase the festivals to Boardman, I was being facetious in the hope of generating comment from Jay, and in NO WAY want to see it ever happen.

IF it is some city officials, WHO ARE THEY ... START NAMING NAMES and don't toss out blind statements.

As to the store ... if he doesn't like it, let him pack up his goods and move to Boardman. We couldn't care less about him.

iwasthere

these so called city leaders wannt to move the it fest to another location in city must have thier heads examined . warren businesses during the it fest do not complain. let the city leaders mess with the it fest committee and these people will move it the welcoming suburbs aka st pat's parade to boardman. yo have to thank pat ungaro for chasing out the st pat parade into the welcoming arms of the boardman trustees. i say to the naysayes, "watch what you wish for yourselves". 

Rick Rowlands

If there is any downtown that can accommodate closing off central square for an event it is Youngstown.  It is very easy to circumnavigate downtown over Commerce and Front streets.

Lynn

About all the  talk  of  the Italian Fest being   ( possibly )   moved to the Covelli Center . . my opinion is NO NO NO !!!!! ...i was down there most of Fri night til late . .having a great time.  Someone  mentioned on another blog  that alot of the 'city officials'  would like to see it moved . . i SAW alot of city officials there , a judge , and a State Rep  . . some were dancing to The Ovations . . great group btw. . . . and having a great time.    I can't believe alot of city officials want it moved from the central area . . it was BOOMING!!!!  Now that things are going well . . and there were soooooo many ppl there that night . . why move it  somehwere else??  All the complainers can just re route themselves around dtown for a few days ...  it won't kill them  ,right???   ..Columbus area has festivals and things going on alot ...have streets blocked off in the dtown area, ,  but the media announces it well in advance ,  tv, newspaper and radio . . so everyone  knows which routes to take.  They also have big SIGNS detouring them . .  and it works out well..... why can't Y town do that.  I can't see where 1 week out of the entire yr is such a horrendous thing for other people to complain about . . especially when it generates a ton of money for our city.    As to utilizing the Covelli Center more . . they  should be able to find other orgs to use it and help out with costs  if that's  what they're interested in.   Moving it to a big 'parking lot'   would really take away from the excitement of the downtown atmosphere and being around central square ,  in the heart of it all.  My opinion is if it ain't broke . . . don't fix it.           

Towntalk

:-*  Love that band  :-*

irishbobcat

north,south,east,west...makes no difference.....Del Sinchak....

Towntalk

What about a few North Side meet an greet and bring an buy events?

Rick Rowlands

Well yes, there is more to Youngstown than downtown.