News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Whole Foods Store

Started by jay, July 28, 2012, 05:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

So I guess you aren't coming Saturday?  Oh well I guess you can't truly say that "iwasthere"! :)

iwasthere

the ytown economic dept should contact trader's joe or other stores that are mind like in this type of services for dt. there are plenty of bldgs.

irishbobcat

Mary, not quite sure......the business person still has to dot some i's and cross some t's.....

I hope to hear more about this venture later in the week.....

on another note....regarding big chains...it would be nice if a Trader Joe's would open in the valley as well....

Mary_Krupa

This is good to hear that it is a local person. I think the national chain, Whole Foods, has grown too big for its britches and is expensive.

How sure of a thing is this?
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

penguinnick

Rick/iwasthere...can we please get back to the point of the topic?  No one cares about your hatred/dislike towards each other.  It's this kind of vindictiveness and absurd posts that makes this site less and less appealing.  GROW UP!

irishbobcat

My understanding is that it is not the Whole Foods national chain that wants to come to Youngstown, but a
local business person who wants to start a whole foods and grain store/shop in the downtown area near 20 Federal Plaza.

Mary_Krupa

So is there any additional info about the Whole Foods coming to downtown Ytown situation?
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

iwasthere

rr did i hit a raw nerve with you? i would not be against you if your comments from  past posts on other issues were not self-serving. i did minor in art and general history at ysu and do appreciate local preservation. rr your loathing attitude to assit your fellow manin timeof need leaves a bitter taste in my mouth in which causes me to have distain for any of your adventures in your life.

irishbobcat

Ricky, again, please answer a simple question, what do you have against pensions? What do you have against public employees having a pension? Why do you moan and groan against a middle class person earing a pension yet don't moan and groan against CEO's making 717  times more income than their median employees?

Rick Rowlands

You must not have taught history iwasthere, or have any appreciation of our local history.   My "scrap yard" museum is growing every year, both in size, number of artifacts that we care for and assets.  I am a well respected authority in my field, and we will be making a few waves in the coming years.  Those people who truly do know me know that I put myself second behind my steel industry preservation efforts, and that I give way more of my time and resources to these projects that I truly should.

Now lets evaluate your actions. First, you violated a level of trust by broadcasting the contents of what was supposed to have been a confidential communication.  That right there tells me all that I need to know about you.   I am not jealous in the least of your pension(s).  If it was awarded by a private company then I have no problem with it, but if it was provided by a taxpayer funded entity then I do have a right to question it.  You haven't stated which it is.  The compensation arrangement between a private company and its employers are private matters from the lowly janitor to the mighty CEO.  I don't care one bit.

Yes I will work until the day I die, and I will love every minute of it.  I have created my own career, and every day is another adventure.  BTW, come on out to 2261 Hubbard Road on Saturday.  I'll be there all day.  You might just learn a thing or two about your history, and maybe learn some respect of people who are giving to this community at a level that you cannot even fathom.

I'll be waiting.

iwasthere

rr explain your comment about being fruity or better yet lets meet in person to say it to my face. you wonder why i rip you new one when it comes to your begging letters for monies towards your scrap yard museum. some people that know you. you are out for yourself and no one else. has the rr changed its retirement clause for a pension at any age after thirty yrs? you are jealous that you have to work until they throw dirt over your body. i am working towads another pension through contributions in the strs retirement financial plan. i have my ss mones to spend in ten yrs too.  so i have the next ten yrs to turn the young ones against you and other neocons with the help from irishbobcat. the face to face meeting is in your court.

irishbobcat

Ok Rick....but am I putting words in your mouth regarding your problem with average americans receiving pensions
while you have no problem with CEO's like the guy at Wal-Mart who makes 717 times more than the median employee?

Why do you show no love to someone like Iwasthere who gets a pension while you do nothing but shower love on rich
CEO's?

Why are you jealous of someone who gets less than a $50,000 a year pension yet not jealous of some CEO who makes over a million bucks a year...and who will probably walk away with a pension a lot higher than $50,000 a year?

Rick Rowlands

Dennis, you are trying to put words into my mouth.  I've already explained the situation with the one day CEO but you apparently either didn't read what I wrote or chose to ignore it. 

irishbobcat

I always love how Ricky blames all the ills of society on folks who earn a pension....

Yet Ricky turns a blind eye to CEO's who make 44 million dollars for working only one day or

to CEO's who make 717 times more than what their median employee makes a year.....

Still can't figure out why ultra-conservatives like Ricky disdain regular Joe's with pensions yet
have a school girl crush on big-time CEO's......

http://www.payscale.com/ceo-income

Rick Rowlands

What fruits of your labor?  You haven't labored enough but you sure are fruity.  I guess the only consolation is that at least you are not indoctrinating children any longer.

On the railroad we had a 30/60 retirement plan, if you had at least 30 years of service in by the age of 60 you could take a full retirement.  But a 30 year only retirement with no age restriction means that you will be sucking up way more in pension than you ever made in wages, and while you say your pension is financially sound now, it can't withstand too many people like you.