News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

New Downtown Beer Garden

Started by Towntalk, May 15, 2013, 09:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on May 23, 2013, 09:03:23 AM
That would require additional approvals from Design Review and the OHPO and of course more money.

You're certainly right about costing more money, but it wouldn't require more reviews, if its redesign was included with the submission they are already making.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Rick Rowlands

That would require additional approvals from Design Review and the OHPO and of course more money.

Billy Mumphrey

I see they will keep the shoddy awning....get rid of that ugly thing would be a step in the right direction.

Rick Rowlands

Case of shoddy reporting causing unwarranted concern.

Rick Rowlands

I'm not too excited with the garage door concept either, and I am not so sure that it would work well on a westward facing facade.  the prevailing wind comes from the west so it would always be blowing stuff around inside the bar.  This idea might work better on the other side of central square as the building shields a lot of the wind. 

northside lurker

I don't care that it's a bar, we don't have a lot of those downtown. (although just about all of the restaurants also serve alcohol...) I'm not too thrilled with the description of "garage doors" in the façade of the Stambaugh Building though.  It could be OK, if they are very high-end glass and aluminum garage doors, but the Vindy article doesn't make that clear.

I know someone on the design review committee, and he doesn't remember reviewing this project.  So I wonder if they went through the approval process, or if he just missed the meeting where it was approved?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison