News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Fix Up The Downtown!

Started by jay, March 21, 2012, 08:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

i myself had in the past hand deliver dt crumbling pics of curbs, trash cans over flowing from trash, cigrett butts strewn on the sidewalks to sasho because he did not believe me even though he walked those dt streets on a reg basis. 

Towntalk

If our mayor would worry more about fixing up the deficiencies as demonstrated by Jay's photos, as he is about rubbing shoulders with the president, we would soon be hard pressed to find things like are seen in the photos to complain about.

It's really sad that Jay can find these things with out any problem, yet our mayor, nor our council persons see them and correct them without being shamed into doing something to remedy the problems.

That my friend was my point.

Likewise, if the city workers that frequent this site would be quick to bring them to his attention, that would help.

northside lurker

Could we keep the politics (poly = many, ticks = blood-sucking insects) in the proper forum, please?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

I'll bet a buck to a 6 pak of Bud that Charlie was acting like a giddy teenage girl when he shook hands with Obama and already has a 8x10 photo of the handshake framed and hanging on the wall in his office. I'll bet you another buck to another 6 pak that were you to ask Obama who Charlie Sammorrone is today his response would be, 'Was he the fella that waited on our table last night?'

iwasthere

i can give a rats dupa about pres obama and chas sammorrone political relationship. obama is in a race for his pres and democratic party survival. i was at the council meeting last nite when he said that both had each other back. sammorrone should have said to him i will have your back if you start acting like a leader of the biggest country in the free world and quit apolizing to the muslims and afgans what are soldiers are doing. we are at war and deal with it that is what i would say to him instead of kissing his dupa.

penguinnick

Great job with the pictures.  The pictures make you realize that there are a lot of areas that need fixed downtown.  I live in downtown Pittsburgh and while it's not perfect there is a lot of pride in Pittsburgh.  Flowers are already planted - no one waits till June (Steetscape) to plant flowers and to spruce up the downtown area - it's already happening.  Speaking of Streetscape, which is a wonderful community event, should it occur earlier in the year - like mid May?  Has this ever been discussed.   

Towntalk

Now that our mayor is good buddys with the president, maby he can get the president to part with a few bucks to fix these things.

Youngstown Mayor Charles Sammarone was invited to attend the speech, along with other mayors from the region.

President Obama also gave him a message to pass along to the Valley.

"He said tell all the people of Youngstown, 'Hi!, I remember them'. And, I also told him remember, Youngstown has your back, " said Sammarone.

He also said attending the speech further solidified his support of President Obama.

jay

Curbing on Champion Street next to the Parking Deck

jay

This bent meter on S. Hazel Street is on the west side of the block on which City Hall is located.

jay

Island fence in the 100 block of West Federal

Rick Rowlands

I would like to see some leadership!  They just continue to operate under the old model that they have to beg and plead people to come to Youngstown.  They don't understand that people want to come here now as they can make money here. 

iwasthere

rr what do you want from clueless city leaders? we would have monies from the new businesses from the fracking industry to pave the rds and fix the meter in front of Powers Auditorium but the city leaders gave them unnecessary tax abatements.

Rick Rowlands

I see the new city budget slashes the resurfacing budget once again, claiming that the roads aren't as bad this year because of the mild winter.  Their standards for road quality must be VERY VERY LOW to think that the city's roads don't need anything less than a complete overhaul. 

jay

Electrical outlet
West Federal Street island across from the pawn shop

jay

This meter is on West Wood Street just up the hill from The DeYor Center.