News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Missing Bike Rack

Started by jay, March 09, 2012, 08:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Yes it has.  Its creator and I reinstalled it yesterday.

northside lurker

While walking to work this morning, I saw that this bike rack has returned to its intended location.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

iwasthere

for a minute i thought we might have to ask paul gains to open an investigation on this matter. i wonder how many times paul gains had to hang onto those bike racks after all nighter. i should ask jay majecko to investigate this question. ;D

Towntalk

MYSTERY OF THE MISSING BIKE RACK SOLVED! ON TO THE NEXT CASE!

Rick Rowlands

I found the bike rack, back in the shop where it was created.  The original anchors got loose so its now being modified with stronger anchors.  It will be back soon.

Towntalk

Try Ohio Edison ... RED = Electric Power Lines, Cables, Conduit and Lighting Cables
Also please explain why the planting area was cleared in that area save for four small shrubs ... did the same folks that swiped the rack also swipe the posies?  ???

jay

This bike rack wasn't anchored well in the first place.  On several occasions, I've observed  people sitting/hanging on them while having their pictures taken.  The bolts at the base were loosened last week and the entire rack was able to be moved from side to side.

If the bike rack wasn't stolen, I hope it will be fastened with longer/stronger bolts.  Maybe the site is being prepped for drilling and the utility markings were placed there in advance of the work.

stewie

Good Job Fred and Thelma. Now let's find out who this Bike Rack thief REALLY is!!
Uhhhhh!!!!! Mr. Eiselstien?!?!?
"I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling forum readers. And that Jay."
Roooby DoobyDooooo!!
:) :) :) :) :)

Why?Town

Good eye Rick!

My wife works for The Ohio Utilities Protection Service (OUPS) better known as "Call Before You Dig" and I didn't even notice at first.

RED = Electrical Power Lines, Cables, Conduit and Lighting Cables

WHITE = Proposed Excavation

PINK = Temporary Survey Markings

YELLOW = Gas, Oil, Steam, Petroleum or Gaseous Materials

ORANGE = Communication, Alarm or Signal Lines, Cables or Conduit

BLUE = Potable Water

PURPLE = Reclaimed Water, Irrigation and Slurry Lines

GREEN = Sewer and Drain Lines

I'm sure there's a GREEN joke in there somewhere.

Towntalk

Another clue: the racks were neatly removed. A thief would have just torn them out leaving damages behind. Notice the absence of many of the plants in the planting area.

Rick Rowlands

Look at the clues.  The orange paint is either the location of underground utilities or marking out the location where an excavation is to be made.  So my guess is that the rack was removed to permit some work to be done.

stewie

Did someone steal it?! You have got to be kidding me?!! God forbid Youngstown has something nice! I hope that isn't the case!

jay

This was the bike rack on West Federal near the Downtown Circle Store.

This the same spot today.  The bike rack is missing.
Where did it go?