News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Bike Racks For Turning Technology Building

Started by jay, December 20, 2011, 10:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

A few of those large wheel bikes were in a local parade a few years ago.

No chains and no coasting.
:o

Towntalk

Towntalk

Yea!

Would you believe that there is a company still making those bikes or at least that's what The Pawn Stars said.

I'd love to see Jay riding one of those bikes around downtown.  :laugh:

northside lurker

Quote from: Towntalk on March 25, 2012, 08:24:57 AM
Question for iwasthere:

What if I wanted to park this bike at one of those racks? SEE PHOTO BELOW

Isn't the front wheel of that thing around 4 feet (or more) tall?  If so, then the bike racks in front of Turning Tech. would be even better than most traditional racks that are made for bicycles with normal sized wheels.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

iwasthere

Quote from: Towntalk on March 25, 2012, 08:24:57 AM
Question for iwasthere:

there is a bike rack in front of v2 restaurant that is form fitting to accomodate the bike in pic.

Why?Town

Something else I found interesting and/or odd.

Towntalk's post earlier prompted me to search bike racks. Although in my mind I can plainly see exactly what I described earlier, I can't see what I described anywhere online.

I do see several variations on what I described, though, which just goes to show that even when "form follows function" eliminates any artistic qualities, diversity is still possible.

Why?Town

1) The artistic bike rack does not adhere to "form follows function".
2) There is confusion as to what the bike rack really is.
3) A sign is needed to eliminate the confusion.
Q) Will the sign adhere to "form follows function" or will it be so artistic that its message isn't clear? HMMMM.... ???

Towntalk

There's not a rude or mean bone in my body.

Towntalk

Question for iwasthere:

iwasthere

Towntalk

A sign that glows in the dark with a picture of a bike for the benefit of those that can't read, oh yes and a plaque honoring the artist that designed the rack for the benefit of those that see it as a work of art.

iwasthere

a sign with the artist's name and function by the bike racks is suffice.

Rick Rowlands

To someone who does not know this is a bike rack, what tells a rider that it is indeed something to chain a bike to?   At least the "missing" bike rack has the shape of a bike and gives the impression that it is a bike rack. 

Towntalk

Oldness of age and fraility of bones makes it hard for me to accept change easily which is why I tend to live more in the past than in the future. Come into my home and you would think that you've gone through a time warp back into the past ... the far past ... back to the 1940's. Some 60 years ago.

iwasthere

doesn't diversity makes life more interesting and more beautiful?