News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Rush And Avondale - 3RD Night

Started by jay, August 12, 2010, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john r. swierz

That address is 275 E. Avondale

Rushblvd

So if they know who these kids are why aren't the police doing something about it? It's obvious these kids keep showing up in the neighborhood and are starting the trouble. They must be going to someones house-I don't think they are just picking that street to walk down on every-day--Whose house are they going to when they are just hanging out????

john r. swierz

Besides talking to the landlords father , today I alerted Lt. Kelty commander of the Juvenile Div. about the actions that are occurring at that address.

DefendYoungstown

Yes -  ICU Block Watch. It is relatively new, however, their leadership team is pretty proactive. In fact, their president - Victoria Allen - was the one who has called in several of these incidents. She states the fighting has been a result of kids walking the streets who are picking fights with random folks sitting on their porches during the day. That's all she knows at present.

Elmo-Ytown

Park a squad car in the middle of that intersection from dusk till dawn.

jay

Does this neighborhood have a block watch?  Maybe the block watch could get the camera and conduct the surveillance.

Rushblvd

Boardman police used the  night vision goggles for some break-ins up in the Newport area..They worked as far as seeing the young-ins but they did not catch them...So maybe YPD can borrow Boardmans and give it another shot (no pun intended)..If this is on-going with Rush-Avondale --here's a thought maybe Chief Hughes should have them patrol the area a bit more...

Rick Rowlands

jay

I just turned on the scanner at 9:00 p.m. and the police were being sent to Rush Blvd. and Avondale again.  The first car on the scene reported that 30-40 people were involved in the fight.  Multiple cars had to respond.

This is out of hand.  The YPD has to set up cameras to document this criminal act.