News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Shots Fired Reports

Started by jay, February 04, 2007, 06:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micky

We've seen lots of marked and unmarked cars in increased numbers on the South Side since zero tolerance went into effect.  An elderly gentleman told me that he was followed by a cruiser from Midlothian onto South Ave late last night.  He said he didn't mind and even felt a little safer. 

We think the gunfire has decreased a little however we think that it might be just a lull until the criminals feel more brazen again.  Hope not! 

connie254

Can tell you that we heard 6 shots last night about 12:30 in the general location of Hilton.  Can't tell how far they came from.
I can tell you also sine "zero tolerance" went into effect, I haven't seen any patrol cars in my area- I would one at least a couple times a day.  And a bullet hit my house, came through the wall and was found less than a foot from the wall. The police filed a report but we don't feel safe.

jay

With the increased police enforcement and the cold weather, have the reports of shots fired decreased in the south side hot spot?