News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"War Zone"

Started by Micky, January 01, 2007, 07:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldmill

The thing about civilians
packin a pistol is "peace of mind" The bad guys never knows who's packin and who isn't . and now you can carry legally .  I had to defend my life in the city once years ago , Yea the court proceedings were a pain but I'm still alive today , and I wouldn't hesitate to shoot again today if threatened.
Quote from: Towntalk on January 01, 2007, 09:19:31 PM
Jay is right ... WE DO NEED OUTSIDE HELP ... The Mayor MUST contact the Governor and ask for aid. Send in some National Guardsmen with orders to SHOOT TO KILL. I'd like to see the thugs stand up to an M-16.

Obviously these thugs do not fear the police so why should they fear a civilian sporting a gun?

jay

I'll check today to see if some of my neighbors would be willing to attend the next council meeting.

Mary

What about gathering these same clippings and go to the city council meeting? Ask the mayor directly. If his answers are unsatisfactory then start with the papers, news stations and go from there? If he does give answers make sure that was is said is done. I would really like to get an idea of what his attitude is about this whole situation.

Towntalk

This Mayor needs to be put on notice that unless he acts and acts quickly that he may very well face recall. Another Youngstown was faced with the same problems and the Governot did step in ... the Police Chief was fired and the Mayor was told to act or he would be booted out of office (1920's).

What needs to be done is to have the business community to meet and draft a letter to the new Governor asking him to step in.

At the rate we are going, no one will want to set foot inside the city. Businesses will leave in higher numbers, and our downtown area will become a ghost town again.

How about gatering as many articles as we can get and sending them to the networks - CNN, NBC, CBS an ABC telling them that our Mayor is doing nothing to address the problem.

jay

These criminals are getting more brazen by the day.  I fear that it won't be long before they attack the police who are responding to a call. 

Many times the police on the scanner (thanks again Greg) report that AK47s are being used during these shootings.  Neither the police nor average citizens are armed enought to deal with these weapons.

Mary

I agree outside help is needed badly. However our mayor seems very unconcerned about all this crime. Why has he not been addressing the fact that an entire area is out of control? Why is it every time i see him on the news its about that D*** Chevy center? I know the center is important but if people are afraid to enter the city its not going to profit.  I think the mayor needs to be asked why this does not seem to be on the front burner.

Also lets not forget that the county jail situation is adding to this. These thugs know if they get picked up there is a really good chance in 24 hours they will be back on the streets.

Towntalk

Jay is right ... WE DO NEED OUTSIDE HELP ... The Mayor MUST contact the Governor and ask for aid. Send in some National Guardsmen with orders to SHOOT TO KILL. I'd like to see the thugs stand up to an M-16.

Obviously these thugs do not fear the police so why should they fear a civilian sporting a gun?

Oldmill

Well  as you say Jay. We need outside help now .......What type of outside do you think is needed ?  Think about it for a moment. Go buy a weapon such as a pistol or rifle take a firearms course , get a permit to legally carry a weapon and protect yourself . The police cant be everywhere When enough bad guys get blasted , maybe some will think twice about commining crimes.

jay

I also watched the "war zone" story on the TV-21 news this evening.  Crime in this section of the south side is deffinitely out of control.  Multiple shootings in broad daylight prove that we need help from other sources.  Each of these shootings could have easily resulted in deaths. 
WE NEED OUTSIDE HELP NOW!

Micky

Did anyone see the news tonight about the gun battle at South Avenue & Boston?  Thanks to the Forum's Scanner, we heard that there were multiple sites with this location being their starting point.  YPD found a few cars and were searching another. 1 person was shot but not seriously.

These thugs brazenly shot in broad daylight on a busy street (3:30 pm)!  YPD said there were casings all over the place and that it looked like a War Zone.

Does anyone think that it's now time to call in the Feds for assistance so that our YPD can get a handle on the situation?