News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

South Side Trivia - Where is this located?

Started by jay, June 30, 2002, 04:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumManager

I think he might have deleted it because he thought it was getting too old!

yfdgricker

Oh hey, what happened to the other trivia question you had posted? The one with the monumnent. I know where it is now!! Man and it's no longer on the board :)

yfdgricker

I know of two others of these on the South side. One is located on the southeast corner of Maple and Southern Blvd at the Youngstown/Boardman line and the other is on the south side of  Canfield Road at Billingsgate (The old Idora Park Entrance)

Hey, Jay, I really enjoy these trivia questions! Keep em coming!!!

Vatiffany

8)
It is on a main drag.  Check it out at the corner of South Ave and Judson Ave.  It's on the far right corner at the traffic light at that intersection.
This structure is sooo cool.  Let's find a way to repair it.  Part of it is falling apart and we should preserve our history.
Vatiffany

jay

Hint No.2 - This feature faces what direction on a street named for a direction?

KenneyJoe

My, my, my from too many hints to not enought hummmm some people are NEVER satisfied  ::)  Now I have been "around town" and I have seen these before - there was one on Early Road at the corner of Parker Street.  Were they made by WPA?  They look to be of that era.  Given that much it would have to be either on a main drag or usta be main drag.  It marked what? The entrance to a "step-up" development for it's time?  The main entrance to a development plat?  So the neighborhood would be older than most of the Brownie Woods section and Inverness areas but possibly in the Buckeye Circle area or Roxberry to Euclid area.  I will be on the look out - could I have seen this on Homested?  I hope someone recognized it soon otherwise I will have to go hunting - but hay - ya know how it goes - ya go hunting for one thing and find out another  ;D

jay

- South Side Architectural Trivia -
Where is this structure located?

If the image did not appear above, click on this link.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mahoningvalley/files/misc/w9a.jpg
Hint - This structure is located in the seventh ward of the City of Youngstown.
Post your guess as a reply to this message.