News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

South Side Hot Spot

Started by jay, October 04, 2006, 05:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

y town streets

Why dont some one try and get the guns off the streets instead of having gun shows? gun show are deffenatly not the answer around here. Its like saying its ok come get you a gun so if some one aproce you shot them back or shot them befor thay can shot you, in my appenion on one should have a gun but the police. and maybe hunters whice is some thing else i dont belive in.

jay

There were multiple shootings on the south side last night.  I was referring to the one on Brooklyn that landed someone in the hospital.

yfdgricker

The gunfire and firebombing on Boston was just on the East edge of the 'Hotspot' map. It was between South and Gibson.

jay

The shooting last night happened in the hot spot.  See the map.

jay

Do you think the onset of cold weather will reduce the occurence of outdoor gang activity in this area?

Micky

That area has really been a hot spot for awhile now.  There are many armed robberies day & night, most of them not reported anywhere.  Shootings, fights, burglaries, drug deals, prostitution, stealing cars, arsons, and house strippings.  People have become prisoners in their own homes, afraid to sit on their porches, afraid to let their kids ride bikes or play on the sidewalks. 

I've heard that Dewey, Pasedena, Cameron, and Dorothy streets are just as bad.

I guess that the thought of being gainfully employed anywhere would not be as enticing as the lucrative drug dealing business. 

jay

On the map below, the area within the circle is one of the south side's hot spots for juvenile gang activity.  The map was created with the help of a citizen living in the area.  Should the circle be expanded to include additional adjoining streets?  Please give your input.