News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

North Side Farmers' Market - Saturday, July 10

Started by jay, July 08, 2010, 10:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Leah

That is so great that they take the Direction Card and WIC benefits.  I'm pretty excited to hear about the fair trade coffee and yard sale too.  Coffee and bargains.  Two of my favorite things in one place!

Rick Rowlands

Does everyone have their photo ID tags?  If not I'm ratting them out!!!  :)

jay

The Northside Farmers' Market will kick off its seventh season with a 2010 Market Opening and Blessing at 10:00 am Saturday, July 10 on the lawn of the First Unitarian Universalist Church, across from Wick Park at 1105 Elm St. 

The opening ceremony will include a welcoming Ceremony and a blessing by Father Ed Noga of St. Patrick's Church.

The market will be open every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 12:00 noon and provides an array of healthy local fruits and vegetables from local growers, jellies & baked goods, cooking demonstrations, Fair Trade Coffee, community information and education, community yard sale, occasional entertainment and a friendly gathering space.

The Northside Farmers' Marketis accepts EBT - Ohio Direction Card purchases and WIC coupons.

The market received a grant from the Raymond John Wean Foundation for a Healthy Food Now program. This program will provide information and demonstrations on healthy snacks and nutrition.

Adam Lee, local food affectionado will kick off the cooking demonstration at 10:15 using produce from the market and provide tastes and recipes.

The Downtown Market will begin on Tuesday, July 13 from 12-3 at Federal Street and Market

jay

North Side Farmers' Market

Saturday, July 10
9:00 a.m. - Noon

Outside the First Unitarian Church
Elm and Illinois
Youngstown, Ohio