News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Another shooting

Started by Towntalk, March 29, 2010, 11:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: Elmo-Ytown on April 11, 2010, 07:10:46 PM
Not everyone who uses governement programs such as WIC is abusing it.
have you ever taken a walk through any hs hallways lately or walk through any retail shopping Malls lately and have you notice alot of teenage mothers ?

Elmo-Ytown

Not everyone who uses governement programs such as WIC is abusing it.

iwasthere

sarge i do not think the wic program is joke. i say giving these knockup teenagers a handout when they produce five kids by the time they are 18 is a joke.

sfc_oliver

Quote from: iwasthere on April 05, 2010, 03:55:53 PM
i would like to end the wic and other programs that give assistance to knock-up teenagers, who do not have any means of doing well by their illegit babies. i would like to see the ophan trains and resential homes for these individuals.

It's not a joke, We all understand that there are many who need help and we who can should help them. But we should help them up not out, whenever possible.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

iwasthere

i would like to end the wic and other programs that give assistance to knock-up teenagers, who do not have any means of doing well by their illegit babies. i would like to see the ophan trains and resential homes for these individuals.

Youngstownshrimp

Sarge, they have turned down all the programs we have offered them.  We have been the oldest WEP site since the Welfare reform was enacted back in 1996.  The reform was that no one remains after 36 months, you never hear that rule anymore, it has been 14 years now.  Although there have been small accomplishments such as the building of the Peterson Park in Poland and the new stone wall in Boardman, all in all, the recipients refuse to get off the dole.  Now, I am only talking about able bodied individuals.  Youngstown is inhabited by mostly entitled people and this is our problem.

sfc_oliver

Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on April 03, 2010, 08:20:51 PM
When are we going to get it?  When people are allowed to be idle, they will find trouble any which way.  If you are on assistance, you need to be forced to work.

No Shrimp, can't force anyone to work. But I would agree that they should be offered a chance to an education program to prepare them for work, and I believe that they should also have drug testing. But to force someone to work is somehow distasteful to me. It's almost public servitude or slavery if you will. Now if they turn down these programs...............

I have always believed in the old adage: Give a man a fish and he will eat today, teach him to fish and he will feed his family.

And of course there are so many that simply cannot work.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Youngstownshrimp

When are we going to get it?  When people are allowed to be idle, they will find trouble any which way.  If you are on assistance, you need to be forced to work.

john r. swierz

What is the difference if you live in fear because you are not active in your neighborhood and crime prevails, or you are fearful because you take a stand and report crime in your neighborhood ? It is my opinion that I won't give up hope, thus I confront crime by reporting it. JFK once said "only  those that dare to fail greatly, will only succeed greatly!'' On the 1st tuesday in August is "National Night Out" its about crime and there should be thousands of attendees chanting "STOP THE VOILENCE IN OUR CITY"

atek101

What can we as a community do to stop this kind of crime in our neighborhoods?

Rick Rowlands

I would like to see demographic data published along with the homicide stories.  Was this drug related, gang related or what?  Our news reporting is woefully inadequate.

iwasthere

march 18th there were shootings at a gang banging party around cottage grove dr and boston. 60 to 80 teenagers were involved.

AllanY2525

So what is the tally by location now? (ie: North Side, South Side, etc..)

jay

This shooting incident is now being reported as a homicide.

:'(

I believe it's the tenth for this year.