News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The North Side Triple Homicide

Started by jay, February 10, 2020, 06:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

I think it was the fire that drew the city's attention to the building.  I think the triple homicide helped the fire chief make his decision to condemn the building, though.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Why?Town

It probably depends on whether the building is owned and/or used privately or if it is open to the general public. No one's private house gets regular inspections but I bet apartment buildings do, at least I hope they do.

jay

According to the TV news today, the club's building has been condemned and will be demolished.

Why did it take a triple homicide for the city administration to learn about these violations?

Why aren't buildings used by the public inspected on a regular basis?

jay

I thought I saw a TV news story yesterday in which the new Third Ward councilwoman implied that the club on Logan Avenue has done good things for the community.

Today, another news report indicated that the club is under investigation for several violations.

Perhaps the councilwoman should consult the police department before making any more statements.