News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

A Thought About 251 Park and Other Good Houses

Started by jay, September 02, 2007, 07:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaime Hughes

It's a very very good idea, and I think that it would be amazing student housing. (On the tax information it said that it had 20 rooms.). I would like to see something nice done with the house. It was the first house built on Park Avenue, way back when it was Youngstown township. And now they are going to let the house decay.

Like I said, someone kicked over the front porch, I'm afraid if I say something to the city about it, that anything ANYTHING small...would give them the chance to zero in on it and condemn it....LAST thing that I want. Thats a Good idea Jay...I may form something like that right now.

jay

If Habitat for Humanity and other homes programs are able to provide for low income residents, why can't our city develop a program for home acquisition by younger adults who have a passion for this city and its housing stock?  I'm sure there are many in the 20-30 age range who would love to live in a house such as the one at 251 Park.