News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

A Pathetic Farce

Started by kitten44505, June 21, 2004, 03:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitten44505

John:

The city finally mowed the large lot this morning, and yet the small lot still needs mowed, but I will give you a call anyway.

Thanks so very much

john r. swierz

Kitten,
   As I stated before,call me and I will come to your residence, survey the lots in question and take action.
 JRS

kitten44505

John:

If it were at all possible, I would run not walk to every single voting place to cast a vote for you.

As to the lots in question, the city has mowed the lots in question up until this year there are two large side by side lots that sit on the west end of Elm Street just north of Baldwin, and a single lot that sits across the street.

The city demolished the two houses that sat on the side by side lots, and the house that sat across the street burnt to the ground.

There is also a house that sits on the east side of our block that was destroyed by fire last year,and the front porch has caved in. The side door stands open so that anyone or anything such as vermon and strat cats can get in.

Most of the folks that live in this block are seniors and own their homes so it's not a case of absentee landlords on this block and we try our best to keep our properties up, but none of us are in a position to keep up the vacent lots.

We are just a block and a half from Wick Park and about five blocks away from YSU and as you know Elm is a main street leading into the University so you would think that the city would want to keep this street looking good, but the neglect is very bad.

Sorry to be so long winded but I along with my landlady are at our wits end, and totally frustrated at the city's lack of concern.

john r. swierz

Kitten, are you sure the city owns the land? I was part of the Housing Task Force that recommended changes and it will take a year to see the changes in full force.  I know that a long time!  As a candidate for Mayor in 2005 I assure you that I have a plan that will address housing issues and vacant lots with I grass! If  the city workers are littering get the vehicle number and the Department head needs a call.  If you would like to hear my plans you can call me at 330 7885114.

kitten44505

In today's VINDY.COM is the story "Cleanup progress pleases officials" ... BUT WHAT THAT STORY DOESN'T TELL IS THE FACT THAT THE PUBLIC IS NOT PLEASED WITH THE CITY'S FAILURE ... TOTAL AND FILLED WITH EVERY EXCUSE THAT THEY CAN COME UP WITH ... TO CLEAN UP PROPERTIES THAT ARE UNDER IT'S CONTROL.

I've been hammering on this topic for a while now, and make no mistake about it, I'll keep on hammering on it until the city cleans up those vacant lots on the North Side that are under it's control.

The city will fine private citizens if they do not mow their grass, yet it will not mow the grass in lots that are clearly under it's control ... PERIOD, END OF STORY.

DO we have to drag the city into court to force them to do the job we're paying them to do?

I do not want any more excuses ... I want results, yet day after day, after day I see city workers riding up and down my street three and four time; they sit there on their pirches grinning, but doing little else.

They stop at the store across the street to buy carry out food and sit their on their pirch eating, then tossing the empty containers away for others to clean up, and continue their round trip journys AT TAX PAYER EXPENSE, and if you dare to say anything to them, they just give you the finger and laugh.

I will be glad when McKelvey's tour of duty is over and hopefully we can get a Mayor that is more responsive to our complaints, but in my heart of hearts I know that this will never happen.