News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Front Page

Started by Elmo-Ytown, November 07, 2008, 04:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumManager

The gas prices might also affect the load time since the information comes from another website.  I plan to revamp the front page... never enough time. 
Thanks for letting me know about the issue.

Elmo-Ytown

Now that the scrolling news is gone the other links come up every time.

ForumManager

It could be scrolling newsfeeds below the text links loading slowly for you.
They are all in the same table...if that makes sense to you.
After updating the forum I needed to remove the latest forum posts because it needs some tweaks to look right.  I will remove the newsfeeds - let me know if that helps.  I can put them on a different page with a link to them.  The weather module also caused some issues at one point.  It would not load from the national weather service and caused the entire page front page to be blank...so I removed that direct connection from the front page.

yfdgricker

I haven't had a problem with them loading on my computer. They are plain text links so you shouldn't need anything fancy to view them.

When you are viewing the main page, try pressing Control and F5 simultaneously. It will force your browser to get the latest info from the server. If you are looking at a cached version of the page, this should fix it.

If you are still having problems, I can walk you through how to do a screen capture of what your browser is displaying and send it to me. Maybe that will shed some light.

Towntalk

Elmo, it could be your computer. Did you try refrishing the page?

I went to the Front Page and it loaded just fine.

Sometimes a page only partially loads for me, but when I refrish it loads alright.

Elmo-Ytown

Seems like every other time I come to the website, the links to the forum/calendar/etc are missing from the front page. Right above where it says please pardon the dust, is my computer not loading the page completely?