News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Youngstown Native needs community embrace for help :-)

Started by Jaime Hughes, May 18, 2010, 12:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary

Jamie, Have her call Beatitude House. They may be able to help her.

AllanY2525

Jaime - where is the baby's father?  What about the father's
family - are any of them in the area?

Is her grandmother still alive?   Could she provide a place for
your friend to live until she finds a job (albeit outside the area) ?

You mentioned that she has three sisters and a brother - are any
of them aware of her situation and/or able to help her?

Why?Town

Good luck in helping your friend. i am unable to help at the current time.

Jaime Hughes

Sorry I was referring to her and her unborn baby. "she"    I'm not sure I need to talk to her, but the house is quite unliviable, whether or not its been deemed that is unknown to me.

Why?Town

Who is "they"?

I htought this was a pregnant single girl.

Jaime Hughes

OK..... Now there getting evicted from their southside house. They called Catholic Charities whom said call back tomorrow. They need to be out of their house by Friday. Any help/ideas?

AllanY2525

Jaime,

I posted an ad on Craigslist for the apartment, and also here on the
advertisements board under the "For Rent" category.  Both of those
ads have a direct link to a page on my web server.

Here's the link to the page on the server - it has photos and also
my phone number, and the number for my local property manager
in Youngstown.. Call my property manager first - leave a message if
you get his phone mail.

Thanks for your interest in the apartment.  I'm looking for a really
good tenant, as I am slowly but surely making improvements
to the building and the apartment has just been renovated.

http://www.allthingsyoungstown.net/apartment.html

Jaime Hughes

:D Thank you everyone for your help and support. I will pass the messages on, it's hard because she does not know that I am doing this but I want to help her badly. Allan.... may I have your email address? I have a few questions RE: that apartment near YSU and am interested :-)

Youngstownshrimp

What would she need in regards to food staples?   Please have her contact the Village Pantry in Poland and we can discuss what food we maybe able to provide, 330 707 9688, Ron.

Rick Rowlands

I'll volunteer some time to do any minor repair work she may need on her place.  Just let me know.

AllanY2525

Jaime,

Just some ideas that might help your friend:

There is a food pantry group that operates out of the First Unitarian Church on
the corner of Elm St. and Illinois Avenue - one of my tenants is a volunteer there.
This would be a good way to get your friend some free groceries.

Check the "Free" section on Youngstown Craigslist - people are always giving away
furniture, clothing, sometimes even food items.

Craigslist also has a "wanted" section - try posting a message on this section with
a list of the items your friend is in need of.

Also, there is a group on Yahoo called "FreeCycle", a nationwide movement that has
a local group right in Youngstown.  It puts people who are looking to give something
away in touch with people who are in need.

On the FreeCycle board, you can post either "Offer" or "Wanted" messages.
Just go the Yahoo Groups section, and search for FreeCycle Youngstown

Jaime Hughes

I am writing to you in help of a dear friend of mine, a Youngstown native, Cardinal Mooney Graduate (along with myself) and all around wonderful person who has fell on bad times like most have.

She has been a great friend to me since we have met freshman year of Cardinal Mooney High School in 2003. Since then we have helped each other out and given each other as much support and love as humanly possible. Now, I see her in great distress as she attempts to turn to God she is not sure what else to do.

She is now pregnant, she is due this August to give birth to a beautiful baby girl. Although she is having a hard time. Her mother passed away before she could ever remember her, leaving her grandmother to raise three sisters and a brother. Her grandmother worked very hard to send all of them to receive a great Catholic education and better themselves. As her grandmother get's older she moved away and now she is left with no family in the Youngstown area.

With the deplorable economy, it's been hard for her at almost 7 months pregnant to find a job. She wants the absolute best for her daughter and be the mother to her that her mother was not to her. She wants to fill a heart wrenching void in her life by being a wonderful mother. Like many women like her, the father of her child is in and out of their lives, with no job to support them she feels cornered.

She has a house on the south side of Youngstown but is having troubles paying it, her refrigerator, has no racks inside of it, so she stacks the food she gets upon one another. She uses everything used and new given to her. She sleeps on a mattress on a living room floor since her pull out bed from the couch has broken.

She has been there for me when I needed her the most, in my darkest times she has been there to pick me up. If I could, I would give her and her daughter every penny I earned and my beating heart to pick them up. I am looking into the fine community of Youngstown to help lift her up. She made mistakes, but haven't we all? She deserves a second chance and a better opportunity for her daughter.

I have been giving them as much money as I can, but now I turn to you;

My wish-list for her, they don't have to be expensive, they can be from the Mission or Goodwill, the Dollar stores etc. Anything and everything can be used.

- Cleaning supplies (mops, brooms, vacuums, cleaners etc)

-  Non-Perishable food items, gift cards to grocery stores etc.

- Gently used furniture, beds, sheets, pillows, knick-knacks etc.

- Gently used baby items for a little girl (she likes pink or light green)

- Toiletries (shampoo, soap, wash clothes, towels etc)

- Kitchen appliances, cups, silver wear etc.

- Someone that may donate the racks for her fridge.

- Maternity Clothes, winter clothes etc

- Anything & Everything :-)

** If delivery of these items is a problem please let me know and we may arrange something.**

Thank you, God Bless!

Jaime A, Hughes