News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Vote Today

Started by jay, May 04, 2010, 07:43:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on May 04, 2010, 10:45:41 PM
Ted Strickland 332,987
Dennis Spisak 357
And my guy, John Kasich 346,635

Good to see that the Republicans are energized to turn out, but where are the Greens?  Or is that all of them?
yep, i guess we have to produce like  rabbits. :D

sfc_oliver

I don't know what all the County Commissioners have or have not done, I guess i don't pay enough attention to everything locally. But I do know that Commissioner Ludt was instrumental in getting the Veterans Service Commission a permanent place on Oakhill.  Instead of bouncing them around the county. He was so instrumental in this that they dedicated the offices to him.

No clue what this Carol person has or hasn't done. Of course I couldn't vote for either of them yesterday, but did vote for Ludt previously.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

ytowner

Quote from: Towntalk on May 04, 2010, 11:11:51 PM
Poor Dan ... skunked again.

Ryan 80%
Dan  12%
I know this isn't 2008 when there was a big primary going on here in Ohio, but just comparing the votes between 2010 and 2008 is pretty interesting.

OH-16
Boccieri in 2008: 71,038 votes in a contested primary (Opponent had 40,429 votes)
Boccieri in 2010: 21,754 votes
Boccieri's vote total is down 69%, the Democrats vote total is down 80%.

OH-17
Ryan in 2008: 138,610 votes uncontested
Ryan in 2010: 43,603 votes uncontested (Opponents had 11,703)
Ryan's vote total is down 75%, the Democrats vote total is down 60%.

Sure this is a primary before the Midterm Election, but those numbers should open Boccieri's and Ryan's eyes. Boccieri is someone I expect to get beat, and beat badly in November. Ryan is someone that will have a tougher race than most think against Jimbo.

Now I did not do the GOP results, but they are down quite a bit as well from 2008 to 2010 as well.

Voter Turnout in 2008: 46%
Voter Turnout in 2010: N/A just yet, will post when all numbers are in. It should be around 25% it would appear from what I have seen, so down around 45% or so. Still is nothing in comparison to the losses for Boccieri and Ryan and the Dems in these vote totals.

Towntalk

Poor Dan ... skunked again.

Ryan 80%
Dan  12%

Towntalk

How did Dennis do statewide?

ytowner

Well since you never seem to agree with me on anything lol, all I got to say is look at this mess the county is in. Okay after looking at this mess, why exactly does Ludt deserve reelection?

Rick Rowlands

Ted Strickland 332,987
Dennis Spisak 357
And my guy, John Kasich 346,635

Good to see that the Republicans are energized to turn out, but where are the Greens?  Or is that all of them?

ytowner

Very happy to see Carol beat Ludt!

sfc_oliver

<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

iwasthere

Rushblvd

omg ---Anybody want to buy a Vote?? That is a "I voted sticker"---- :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

iwasthere

if you you wear you i voted sticker today at the lemon grove any dinner is half price.

iwasthere

Quote from: Rushblvd on May 04, 2010, 09:35:22 AM
Already did... 8)
i thought i saw your pinko commie nieghbor at the polling places today. :o

Rushblvd

jay

Vote Today

Polls will remain open until 7:30 p.m.