News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Traficant homecoming

Started by Towntalk, August 17, 2009, 11:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solomia

I never met him but honor for what he did for ohio and community as sheriff and congressman I even purchased his 90 cadillac because it was his.

sfc_oliver

Having met Jim Trafficant a few times and having talked with him privately, he was and probably still is a very likable person. But chances are there will be many negatives brought out, and "Jimbo" could even bring some out himself, you just never know.

But he did his time, he may yet have something positive to offer the valley. I don't think there should be a massive welcome home though.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Why?Town

like any other convicted felon

Towntalk

As you know, Jim Traficant will be coming home and there will be a "Welcome Home Jimbo" bash at Mr. Anthony's, an old Traficant haunt.

As you also know, the chances are good that given Traficant's reputation, there will be media coverage at least statewide, and without doubt, much of it will be negative about Youngstown.

The big question: Should Traficant be welcomed back like a hero or like any other convicted felon?