News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Laid Off After 40 Years

Started by jay, April 30, 2009, 07:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

I have been placed on 100% Disability because of having 5 heart cauterization's in 4 months. But they reserved the right to reevaluate me when I turn 61. (7 years from when it started) If the Social Security Doctor they send me to (if they send me) decides I am no longer disabled, Who in their right mind would hire me at 61 and not working for 7 years? Crazy.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Rick Rowlands

I have wondered what your job was.  You seem to be everywhere in the city taking pictures all the time.

Smokey362

Sorry to hear your bad news.  I'm 60 now and i've worked for a total of 5 different companies that went out of business.  It's impossible to find another job, believe me, i've tried and am still trying. Once you get grey or white hair, you have very little hope of getting hired anywhere.  The "do-gooders" will say i'm wrong, but they're not in my place, or yours either.  good luck buddy.

iwasthere

where was the union representation in this employment decision?

jay

It's just a sign of our tough economy.  I guess seniority doesn't matter anymore.