News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

PUCO Allows Dominion Flat Rate Increase

Started by jay, October 17, 2008, 05:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Could this explain it. I buy my gas from Dominion East Ohio Energy out of Pennsylvania and pay my bills through Dominion East Ohio Gas. Both are the same company but different divisions and I contract for a fixed rate. Strangely Dominion East Ohio Energy rates are lower than Dominion East Ohio Gas when you contract, or at least they were.

irishbobcat

Business is in the business to make money. The PUCO would be hung by the business communtiy if they let it get out they deny business biggest profits.

They care less what the general public cares about. I found this out when I went for my "endorsement" interview with the Vindicator editorial board. As long as business can make a buck...and you as an elected official will allow it to happen at the expense of the public....
they could give a rat's @##.

Dennis Spisak- Green Party Candidate-US CONGRESS 6th District Candidate

ForumManager

I went to the Dominion website
http://dom.com/news/gas2008/pr1016.jsp

It states
QuoteIn its ruling today, the PUCO decided to increase Dominion East Ohio monthly service charge from the current $5.70 to $12.50 and reduce the base rate to less than $0.648 per thousand cubic feet (mcf) from the current $1.2355 per mcf. In 2009, the monthly service charge would increase to $15.40 while the base rate would fall to $0.378/mcf.

So the rate Jay is referring to is  the flat rate that everyone pays and not the mcf rate.
But that still doesn't explain how Towntalk's  is going up to 11.99 per mcf when my has been consistently at 12.95. Their statement  above shows it should be $1.2355  ???
I am totally confused.

Addendum
I went to Apples to apples and Dominion shows the rate to be the 12.95 that I am paying.  Perhaps we use different companies.
http://www.puco.ohio.gov/Puco/ApplesToApples/NaturalGas.cfm?id=4810

ForumManager

My rate  is currently and has consistently been $12.95.
I checked through past bills to be sure.
We used .7 MCF in the last billing period.
If ours goes up a flat $5 it will be $17.95.

The 12.50 Jay cites is less than I am currently charged.
They will be getting a call from me.
How can there be such a discrepancy in our rates?
I didn't sign up for any rate freeze programs that I know of.

Whenever I tell anyone about our gas bills they are shocked.
Our monthly budget is now $223.00 up from $150.00 last year and we added thick foam stucco on the exterior of our home last year to help and it seems the gas cost just goes up and up. I keep the thermostat extremely low in the winter and when no one is home it goes down as far as it will go.

If forum members have time, please post your rate.

Towntalk

I received my letter from Dominion East Ohio yesterday and it read:

"Effective with your December 2008 meter reading your new gas cost will be $11.99 per Mcf . This fixed price will be in effect until your November 2009 meter reading. You will be responsable for Dominion East Ohio gas distribution charges and any applicable surcharges. You may cancel  your service with us at anytime."

Currently I am paying: Gas Cost 2 MCF @ $10.69.

If this is correct, then my inceast would be by $1.30.

My landlady also got one and said that her increase was $5.00, so I don't know where these huge numbers are coming from.

jay

The PUCO allowed an increase in the base rate for Dominion/East Ohio Gas.  The rate will increase from the current $5.70 per month to $12.50.  Next year the base rate will increase to $15.40.

I'm not happy with the PUCO's ruling.