News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Internet Broadcasting Station

Started by kitten44505, May 26, 2005, 08:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumManager

I removed Roy's post - Sorry

Roy is not a registered member and I felt that it was inappropriate. I am concerned about repercussions.  
If anyone has anything to say about this, feel free to pounce. (I've noticed that there's been a bit of pouncing lately on our forums - must be the weather?)

Please be advised that I will never delete a registered member's posts unless it violates our terms of service agreement.

Even though I deleted the post, I do agree with the overall opinion expressed about the station.

A review - opinion only

The video quality is worse than many home movies - very amateurish. The site does cite the YAEDA as a sponsor for the  downtown news, but refers to the organization as the YEADA. There are still glaring misspellings throughout the site. It is good to see that copyrighted materials from other companies have been removed.

I forced myself to sit through that piercing show, not because I wanted to see it but because the opinion of my sixteen year old son was sought and I wanted to see exactly what content he was asked about. I am acquainted with the site owner through our children. It is not appreciated that my son was asked about what I feel is inappropriate content on the site.

I have nothing against body art (ON OTHER PEOPLE) but the show doesn't exactly sell the idea. They completely lost me when the hostess walked up to pictures of a pierced cat and rooster and said they were pierced pu**y and c**k.  What seemed to be the camera man and others made sexist remarks to her and there were several sexually oriented remarks.  The piercing artist implied that he likes to inflict pain.  There was much profanity and at the end the girl  implied  she doesn't trust anyone who doesn't dress and look like her and the others that were present. I began feeling sorry for her because she was accepting of the male taunts but didn't seem open-minded to accepting people with lifestyles other than her own.  When the man at the end told young people to slash themselves and then they all laughed, I was appalled.
They mean it when they say uncut...except there is one section earlier that appears to be cut.  Maybe it was a reference to  something the producers themselves don't want to become public.

If the sporting events are of the same low quality
.. no one will want to watch for very long. Perhaps they should look into hiring someone who does wedding videos. They are looking for volunteers. A corporation that is looking for volunteers? Perhaps they are incorporated in another state? Are you allowed to add "inc" to your name if you aren't a corp.? Perhaps the paperwork is in process.

In restrospect I'm probably getting people to go look at the site - which is not the idea. LOL

It will be interesting to see who buys advertising on that piercing show.  Perhaps some local bars, bands or tattoo artists?

as someone else on this forum always says-
my .02 cents

ytowner

They are in the process of signing contracts for local sporting events from little leagues through High School and college and minor league PRO sports.

I  imed them and called the number they got.

A new website with CORRECT Spelling will be up tomorrow afternoon with a program schedule

ForumManager

Curious as to who you called.

The school or Falkon Enterprises?

I agree with Roy about the quality of the video.
The site doesn't appear to be of a  caliber that advertisers will flock to.

10 producers?  What is a producer exactly?

Are there blackout laws regarding professional  sporting events? Do stations need to purchase the rights to air professional sports?

ytowner

Called them up.

They had some rookies doin the work but they have 10 qualified producers that are trying to teach them.

they said everything WILL BE LIVE!

They have a lotta companies in line for advertising and they contacted them. The VINDY will post an article tomorrow on them

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL AND THE SCRAPPERS may be live!!!!That is so big in Ohio. High School Football is life here!

They will have a schedule in a week on there.

kitten44505

The reason why it's unlikely that the TV stations would not offer streaing video is the fact that the networks would not allow them to stream their programs, then there is the copyright laws.

WYTV will be making local news videos available on their web site, but it will be individual stories.

If the networks thought that they could make money with Internet feeds, they would have done it, but the only network that has live feeds right now is C-SPAN 1 and C-SPAN 2, and believe me, it's no big deal.

I'm a real news junkie, but I wouldn't want to tie up my computer watching.

It would be nice if out-of-toweners could be able to watch the news via the internet, but before that would ever happen here, the station owners would have to be convinced that they could make some real money -- charging a fee to see for example, and just how many viewers would they get?

AllanY2525

I'm not bashing the tv and radio stations in Youngstown,
my point was just that there must be a doable solution
out there.

www.radiolocator.com lists six radion stations in the
Youngstown area that currently stream on the internet,
out of 31 in the area.

That means that there are already six stations that have
figured out a streaming system that works, and an affordable
price - and solved the issues of commercials, etc.

If the local TV stations could stream over the internet,
they could get a much larger audience, etc.

Allan
:)

Roy

Nothing at that TV site but poor video and worse spelling.
Was there a broadcast on Memorial Day?

ForumManager

Sorry to sound negative.

I'm all for internet  broadcasting.

Just want people to know that this site is not associated with
Falkon Enterprises.

As mentioned before in another thread. Radio and TV broadcasters need to pay royalties to artists.  There is much controversy regarding this.

AllanY2525

Gee....

Now that an independent entity has started internet
streaming broadcasts from an area high school, maybe
channels 21, 27 and 33 could jump on the bandwagon
and extend their reach outside the Youngstown broadcast
area.

Maybe the radio stations in town could get on board,
too.

The movie "Field of Dreams" said - "If you build it,
they will come" - well, you have to ADVERTISE IT as
well - THEN they will come.

Allan
:)

ForumManager

Please note that the management of
YTOWNPC.COM
does not support nor is professionally associated with
FALKON ENTERPRISES
or their new website.

The Business Journal?
Interesting!

Forum Manager

kitten44505

The Business Journal is reporting today that Falkon Enterprises Inc. is starting an Internet TV station that will go on the air Memorial Day.

[/b]

Among its offerings will be The Youngstown Channel, a sports channel that will spotlight area teams as well as an Arts channel.

The New TV will begin broadcasting at 10:00 AM on Memorial day from Campbell Memorial High School.

All shows and broadcasts aired will be free to watch.