News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Chevy Cobalt

Started by jay, February 02, 2007, 10:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

Quote from: jay on February 04, 2007, 05:48:11 AM
I would like a U.S. car company make a reasonably priced small car that gets about 40 to 50 miles per gallon.

If GM would make the Cobalt (or any other compact model of the same approximate size and weight)
available as a HYBRID, it would easily get 40 miles per gallon, maybe even more.   From the advertisements
I have seen on TV, it seems that Toyota and Honda are still leading the U.S. automotive market in terms of
how many models are available as hybrids.

If the American car makers want to retain their share of the market, I think they should make more hybrids
available across their entire offering of cars, minivans, light trucks and SUVs.

jay

I would like a U.S. car company make a reasonably priced small car that gets about 40 to 50 miles per gallon.

northside lurker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Cobalt

Always take what you find at wikipedia with a grain of salt.  But, their article states
QuoteGM is considering moving production to Belgium in 2009 when the Cobalt is due for a redesign for the 2010 model year in a cost-cutting move.
But...
QuoteA new deal is currently being discussed to keep production in Lordstown
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

In a news story on the radio today, it was mentioned that the Chevy Cobalt production at Lordstown would end in about four years.  Does GM intend to move the production of the Cobalt to another factory or will they discontinue the Cobalt altogether?