News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Mill Creek Park Board Meeting - Monday, September 10

Started by jay, September 09, 2012, 09:08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

iwasthere

Quote from: Mary_Krupa on September 11, 2012, 11:16:59 AM
My understanding is that there has been a major shake up at the top level supposedly what transpired during last night's Executive Session.
i wonder who put themself in a position of explaination?

Mary_Krupa

My understanding is that there has been a major shake up at the top level supposedly what transpired during last night's Executive Session.
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

jay

Quotei was told by sunshine laws what the park did was illegal. they mustopen the meeting first to the public then the board can ask to go into an executive session with the mj of the bd approval.

Good point Mr.There

What makes this worse is that one Mill Creek Park Board member is an attorney with city government experience.  Another board member is the Youngstown City Council Clerk who should be well aware of the rules of conducting government meetings.

iwasthere

this will be brought up to the attn of the mc pk bd at their sept meeting.

irishbobcat

Weedhopper, you are correct! Meeting must be open to the public at first and the board has to asked for and receive permission to go into executive session. They must also announce prior to going into executive session whether or not any business will be taken on the floor after they come out of executive session...

iwasthere

Quote from: irishbobcat on September 09, 2012, 09:33:04 AM
Is the public allowed to attend this meeting?
i was told by sunshine laws what the park did was illegal. they mustopen the meeting first to the public then the board can ask to go into an executive session with the mj of the bd approval.

irishbobcat

jay

Mill Creek Park Board Meeting

Monday, September 10, 6:00 p.m.

- Location -
MetroParks Farm
State Route 46
Canfield, Ohio