News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Special Mill Creek Park Board Meeting - Tuesday, September 4

Started by jay, September 03, 2012, 07:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

irishbobcat

Let's hope the park board folks put money aside when the first accidental spill occurs and the
oil and gas folks refuse to clean it up....

Youngstownshrimp

And today's Vindy and Business journal validates my thoughts; appears predrilling activity is going on around Mill Creek.  Mill Creek park is poised to be one of the richest parks in the the world now!

Youngstownshrimp

I spoke to a board member last week, of the 4000 acres plus held by Mill Creek Park, 2500 acres has and is already leased and held-by-production.  Why are the naysayers so uneducated to understand that nothing will stop the giant energy companies from tapping the Utica soon...right under the park?

iwasthere

i see this as a disregard for the sunshine laws. why did they use a cabin for an executive session and not the reg locations canfield ext or the visitors's ctr. my opinion concerning this matter was to show the gas and oil co up close and personal what they can offer. did anyone ask for the rollcall list for those in attendance at this meeting

jay

About 20 citizens came out for this special meeting.  When they tried to enter the building, they were told that the meeting was actually an executive session and that the public was not allowed to attend.
The newspaper on Monday, September 3, page A-3, listed this as a special meeting not an executive session.

The citizens continued to stand outside the building in the rain to talk about their concerns with park operations.  At about 6:45 p.m., a park policeman arrived to stand guard at the front door.

iwasthere

the mc board is having a special grd brk cermony for the fracked well dug hortizontal into the grd by lake cohassat.

Mary_Krupa

Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

jay

Mill Creek Park
Special Board Meeting

Tuesday, September 4, 6:30 p.m.

- Location -
Birch Hill Cabin
near McCollum Road
Youngstown, Ohio