News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Photo of Ladder Truck 22

Started by jay, September 28, 2006, 06:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Thanks for the response. My father was a Volunteer fireman back home and died as a result of an accident at a fire scene. The picture was unusual so that was why I asked.

yfdgricker

<begin shameless plug>

Hehe, I forgot to mention that if you wanted to check out that truck in more detail, it will be one of the city fire apparatus on display at the YFD Fire Prevention Day and Open House on October 14, 2006. 1pm to 4pm at the downtown fire station at 420 MLK, Jr Blvd. I'll be there with the youngstownfire.com display so stop by and say hi!

<end shameless plug>

yfdgricker

Allow me to help out with those questions.

The area that looks like lettering blacked out is actually a vent cover for the engine. At that angle it looks like its black. It's actually silver metal. I don't know if this photo is any better or not.

In regards to the shoes, they belong to the Lt on the ladder. He/she is the person responsible for driving the vehicle. It is very (ok impossible) to drive a fire truck in fire boots. The driver of the truck wears his regular work shoes while driving then when he/she gets to the destination, he/she changes into their boots. I'm not sure why they were left by the truck, usually they get thrown in the cab. I can only speculate that maybe he/she was needed in the house fairly quickly and just left them there. I say he/she because I know at least one female officer who frequently works that ladder. :)

Hope that helps!

Towntalk

Whose shoes are those near the door of the fire truck and why is some of the writing on the side of the truck blacked out?

jay

This YFD truck was recently spotted on a south side street.