News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Rayen

Started by Towntalk, February 04, 2010, 02:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Unfortunately I don't. The picture came from eBay and I couldn't enlarge it enough to be more useful and still preserve the text in readable form so I didn't save it for my files.

AllanY2525

Towntalk,

You are right - it is an artist's rendition of the proposed Rayen High School - in the photo
below, the Roman-Style looking columns were to be built on the Eastern side of the
building, where the bleachers stood (stand?)

I took the Alumni farewell tour of the building right after their final homecoming game,
and happened upon a painting depicting the building with that fascia - either it was
never built that way, or they eliminated it(?) when they built the stadium bleachers...
Wish I had taken a photo of the artist's rendition...it looked like it had been
hand painted.  I graduated from The Rayen School in 1981.

Do you have a larger scan of that photo?  Would love to see it...

I remember a tunnel from the original gymnasium (below ground level) that used to
come out through the bleachers onto the football field, from what I was told. The
football team would come rushing out of the tunnel at the beginning of a game.

The other two photos are great historic photos.  I wonder what was done with all
the photos that were hung all over the school after it was closed?

Towntalk

That's what I thought, but the ad clearly says Rayen, and it certainly doesn't look like the Rayen I knew.

It was an artist rendering rather than a photograph so I wonder if someone made a mistake when putting the ad together.

jay

The building looks similar to the old Warren G. Harding in Warren, Ohio

Towntalk

Found this ad on eBay showing Rayen High School dated 1923. This picture doesn't seem right. Is there anyone here old enough to verify the picture as shown?