News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

City To Spend Over One Million Dollars For Trash Carts

Started by jay, February 04, 2016, 08:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

According to today's newspaper, the city is going to borrow the money to purchase the trash carts.  :P

jay

These trash carts are very large.  Residents might have to find a new place to store them.

iwasthere

jay

Did you notice that the topic of this meeting was not announced ahead of time in the newspaper?

iwasthere

Where is the city officials going to find the monies for this project?

Irishbobcat

Pay me a million dollars and I'll pick up the trash and supply my own bags....

I blame the entertainment committee....

cc4

Your councilwoman said they were called "committee meetings" for a reason!

Rushblvd

iwasthere

Ad does not want to look dumb in front of the informed public that has insight into the matters that concerns the ytown citizens.

jay

This is moving ahead with zero public comment.

Councilwoman Anita Davis does not accept public comments at the committee meetings that she chairs.

Davis heads the General Improvements Committee and also heads the Parks & Playgrounds Committee.

Rushblvd

Can't wait to get detail on this--1. Who is responsible for it?
                                              2. If it gets stolen, who is responsible for it

Just a few ??"S I am sure the residents will have more--

jay

These 96 gallon trash carts are way too large for most elderly people in my neighborhood.

our2cents

Sounds like what Cleveland did quite a few years ago.  Now, if you overfill or have more than the can fits, you get billed for the difference.  Recycling is also mandatory and they fine if they find recyclables in your trash.  Oh, and they better be washed out too.  Kind of stuff we do anyways, I have 5 recycle bins almost every pickup and about 2 bags of trash on average.  But don't every say I didn't mention the price gouging to begin.

jay

Look for city council to spend $1,100,000 to purchase trash carts (96 gallon size) for every household in the city.