News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

YNDC Logistics Coordinator Position

Started by Rick Rowlands, July 30, 2015, 08:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Maybe since all of the YNDC people are pointy head intellectuals, they cannot relate to people who didn't need college to get where they are.  Discriminate against those who are not in the "college club" perhaps? 

AllanY2525

DITTO for me.... rediculous and "boogee"

(pronounced boo-geeeeeeeeeee....LOL)

Towntalk

Agree with you .... 90% of the work can and is being done by high school grads ... college degree to wash equipment? ... college degree to take care of tools? Give me a break! Be up to speed with tablets; iphones Google and Microsoft Office? Any bloody fool can meet their requirements. Also $13.00 an hour part time? New Minimum Wage is $15.00 the last time I heard, and what College Grad is going to take a part time job that pays below minimum wage?

Rick Rowlands

I didn't see it listed on the forum but the YNDC has a job opening:

YNDC is seeking qualified candidates to apply for the newly created part-time position of Logistics Coordinator. Under the direction of the Housing and Neighborhood Stabilization Directors, the Logistics Coordinator will provide operational and logistics support to YNDC construction and property maintenance teams. These supportive functions include: supply and material inventory and maintenance management, supply and material procurement, and other logistical support. A full job description is available for download below. To apply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to info@yndc.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
http://yndc.org/sites/default/files/YNDC_Logistics_Coordinator_Job_Description.pdf

Note that a bachelors degree is required and the job pays $13 an hour. 

After reading through the job description, I simply do not see why a college degree is required for a part time position that is mostly involved in hands on construction work. 

There are many people in this area who do this kind of work every day and many do not have degrees.  What YNDC is doing here is restricting the candidate pool unnecessarily and tossing out potentially good candidates because they are stuck in the past, unable to realize that college is but one tool in the toolbox of education.

And after getting your bachelors degree, how disgusting it must be to work making less than the $15 an hour that fast food workers are demanding across the country.