News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The End Of The Youngstown School System (As We Know It)

Started by jay, July 17, 2015, 06:10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

My son attends a charter school for kids with Autism.
No work camps or boarding schools here.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Youngstownshrimp

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: Towntalk on July 19, 2015, 10:31:55 AM
REPUBLICAN OFFICIAL QUIT AFTER IT WAS LEARNED THAT HE DELIBERATELY COVERED UP FAILING CHARTER SCHOOLS FAILURES. HIS WIFE WORKS FOR THE GOVERNOR. (All caps intended. Yes it means shouting.)
http://wkbn.com/2015/07/18/official-resigns-after-schools-fs-excluded/

Yes I read this article this morning. He deliberately discarded F's that were to go to failing online charter schools.  ugh
Deception everywhere.
Doesn't bode well for Gov Kasich's presidential bid.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Allan on the 20+ facebook sites that I'm on I am a sweet; gentle, kind, soft spoken little old lady that wouldn't harm a fly. Here, I can be a ******* old *****!  >:( ;D :laugh:

Towntalk

REPUBLICAN OFFICIAL QUIT AFTER IT WAS LEARNED THAT HE DELIBERATELY COVERED UP FAILING CHARTER SCHOOLS FAILURES. HIS WIFE WORKS FOR THE GOVERNOR. (All caps intended. Yes it means shouting.)
http://wkbn.com/2015/07/18/official-resigns-after-schools-fs-excluded/

AllanY2525

Towntalk,  I never take offense to anything you say...you're a sharp cookie and
you only call 'em like you see 'em, like the umpire at a baseball game.

Nothing in this world is fairer than that.....

:)

Peggy Gurney

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

OK ... my bad ... I just get wound up and my old self springs out of hiding and nips at the heels of people like a tiny dog  :laugh: 

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: AllanY2525 on July 18, 2015, 12:49:22 AM

It's NOT about what color ANY of those on the school board are...although their entire
deck of cards is about to get "shuffled", I suspect.

They all need to get over it and accept the fact that the school system has  forfeited
its right to self governance because of its incompetence and lack of results.  NO ONE
to blame but themselves.

Totally agree.It is not about race, but they MAKE it about race.

Again, I agree - they are an incompetent bunch, and screwed up the school system in Youngstown.
Now they're losing their power and it is, indeed, their own faults.
We can only hope that a CEO can do a better job.  We shall see.

I can only say that I have never been happier that my son is not in the Youngstown school system.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Peggy Gurney

TT - Allan is agreeing with us.   It should NOT be about color or race, but they are making it about that by pulling the race card.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

It darn well is and there is no room for PC. If the school board were white majority the Blacks would be screaming bloody murder. This past primary Blacks were screaming about the fact that the 7th Ward never had a Black City Councilman. The Board is predominantly Black just as City Council is predominantly Black, and for all its propaganda the Board of Education has been an utter failure ... they've failed the Black students; they've failed the White students; they've failed the Hispanic students, and anyone who says any differently is a bald faced liar plain and simple.

AllanY2525

It's NOT about what color ANY of those on the school board are...although their entire
deck of cards is about to get "shuffled", I suspect.

They all need to get over it and accept the fact that the school system has  forfeited
its right to self governance because of its incompetence and lack of results.  NO ONE
to blame but themselves.

Peggy Gurney

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

I for one am sick and tired of the race card being pulled out every time there is a problem. Where are the Black parients when it comes to being directly involved in their children's education? Where are the Black parients in BEING PARIENTS AND DEMANDING THAT THEIR CHILDREN OBEY THEM, DO NOT RUN THE STREETS, GET INVOLVED IN GANGS, HAVE ABSOLUTE RESPECT FOR AUTHORITY WHETHER IT'S AT SCHOOL, OUT IN PUBLIC OR AT HOME! Yes I'm YELLING because I'm darn ANGRY. I'm angry that the people of Youngstown, Black, White, Green, Purple, or Striped have allowed this school system to deteriorate to the point where the state has had to step in and take the system over at all.