News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

NEW WARD MAP UPDATE

Started by Towntalk, December 09, 2014, 05:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

QuoteDoes anyone know when the precinct map was last updated?

Testimony given to the Charter Review Commission indicated that the ward lines had not been redrawn for over 30 years.   I suspect it is now at 34 years.  This fact allowed wards with severely shrinking population numbers to have the same power as the wards with the highest population numbers.

Towntalk

Some time in the 1990's. I use to vote at Wick Park, then it was moved to Hayes, then to Harding Elementry. When it was moved to Hayes, I started voting absentee.

AllanY2525

This seems logical enough, with the huge population loss in Youngstown and the shifting of
the demographics over the years. 

Does anyone know when the precinct map was last updated?  Just curious.....

Peggy Gurney

Wow, some pretty big changes on that map.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

I'm as sure as I can be that even with the changes that the 4th and 5th will continue to beacons of light and hope for our city.

Towntalk

The precinct boundries all over the city have changed so it is advisable that everyone review the new map so that you will at least know what precinct you are now in. Accordng to the NEW MAP I went from 7J to 7C. Where the actual polling places will be has yet to be announced.

jay

As PD mentioned, the Fifth Ward is giving up precincts to the Sixth Ward and the Fourth Ward is giving up precincts to the Fifth Ward.  This is being done to try to equalize the population numbers in all wards of the city.

Towntalk

Towntalk

At last we have the answer to why we haven't seen hide nor hair of the new Ward map ... The BOE is in the process of cutting back on a number of VOTING PRECINCTS in the city and until that task is completed you will not see the new map.
GUESS WHAT JAY ... YOUR BELOVED WEST SIDE WILL TAKE THE BIGGEST HIT ACCORDING TO The Vindicator ARTICLE LOSING 7 EACH IN THE 4th and 5th WARDS.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2014/dec/09/board-to-cut-voting-precincts-by-/