News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"I?m In The Book": Using City Directories To Locate People In Place And Time- AU

Started by RSS, April 24, 2019, 01:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RSS

"I’m In The Book": Using City Directories To Locate People In Place And Time- AU

When: Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Where: Austintown Library at AU Meeting Room (Large)

City directories are often overlooked, but these texts prove quite useful to family historians.  Ancestors are listed regardless of whether they owned a telephone.  Wives, widows and other family members are listed.  Streets and maps are shown, along with the names of neighbors.  Churches, cemeteries, business, advertisements and historical information are presented over the span of many years.  It is an ideal resource for investigating intervals between US Census years. For adults and teens.  Registration is required by telephone 330-744-8636 or online via the Events Calendar.

Source: "I’m In The Book": Using City Directories To Locate People In Place And Time- AU