News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Solar Tour (photos)

Started by jay, October 04, 2009, 07:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

sfc_oliver

When did anyone say it was impossible? Not feasible for everything maybe, Possibly not the best solution, maybe. But impossible? No Dennis wake up and try again.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

This solar house can't work! The conservatives have told us it's impossible to use solar power!!!!! 

jay

The home is still connected to the grid.  On a sunny day, the PV panels produce more electricity than the home needs.  During this sunny time the electric meter does turn backwards.  At night the power is taken from the grid.

I believe the home is heated by natural gas.

I received a brochure about the installation of a comparable PV system.  I will share the information when I get the brochure back from a friend.

ForumManager

Did they say if  it is enough to meet their needs?
How do they heat?  Gas or electric?
Is  their meter one of those that goes backwards when they are producing too much power for their own use?

jay

One of the homes on the Solar Tour is located in Warren, Ohio.  These recently installed PV solar panels provide 3.2 kw of power to the home and are installed on the south facing roof.

These electronic devices were mounted on the basement wall.  The homeowner uses the data logger (optional) to remotely monitor the system.