News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The Mill Creek Park Board

Started by jay, September 30, 2014, 05:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

I read somewhere that Mill Creek Park is technically outside the city limits, in the last remaining
part of Youngstown Township....is this still the case, or was it annexed?

Towntalk

I were thinkin o' Lake Milton so I were.

iwasthere

jay

Check again.  The Park is not funded by the county sales tax.

iwasthere

you my yg gal frd can be right on some degree. the city residents were footing the bills for millck pk since its conception because the pk was in the city ytown. the pk expanded into the subs in the late 80's. the mah cty com put a mah cty sales tax on the ballot for all mah cty residents to share on the upkeep of the pk.

Towntalk

Now where did this old gal get the idea that Mill Creek had become a state park?

iwasthere

the probate judge appts the pk bd then these inds decide on the pk director. tt, the pk funds come from Mahoning cty sales taxes. the st may contribute some monies but the bulk comes from our mah cty sales taxes.

Towntalk

Ain't that a state park? So why ain't the Governor doin' the appointin' like they does do in Pennsylvania? Seems that da folks dats been a runnin' it hasn't been doin a good job of late, don't ya tink? Like killin' Gooses fer example.

jay

Another member of the Park's administrative staff resigned a few weeks ago.     ???

AllanY2525

What were the reasons that all of the past directors have left over the last several
years?

Even the best candidates jump ship sometimes, if they feel they aren't a good fit
for  a job...anyone looked at this yet?

jay

The Mill Creek Park Board finds itself looking for another Park Director.  I believe that in the past decade the Park has gone though a string of short-term directors. 

Why can't this board manage to develop a hiring process that finds a candidate who will serve the Park for years to come?