News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Burger King Turns Back On U. S.

Started by Towntalk, August 26, 2014, 11:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

McDonalds is a worldwide corporation and has stores all over the planet....does anyone think
that all of their corporate offices are in the United States?  Probably not. 

American corporations outsourced jobs to India to save on payroll and related taxes, benefits,
etc - thereby eroding our tax base, since folks who work in India pay no taxes in the United
States.  Many of these jobs were good paying White collar tech, I.T. jobs making high five-figure
and low six-figure salaries.

It's a global economy now, and corporations are going to locate where they can get the best
bang for their bucks......period.  Welcome to the 21st century, folks......

Rick Rowlands

I don't find any problem with what Burger King is doing.  Neither people or companies exist to feed the government, and in a world marketplace there are now options as to where you pay your taxes.  Its all about getting the best deal.  Instead of boycotting Burger King maybe we should be telling our congresscritters that our corporate tax rates are too high!   Our government screws us by putting high taxes on corporations, making them not only leave the US but to keep their profits out of here too.  The govt. is so greedy for money that they screw us all by making sure that capital is invested anywhere but here.

The powers that be want you to boycott Burger King.  But in reality you should be supporting BK and anyone else that wants to leave.  Only when the pain is felt in D.C. will these morons who "represent" us actually change their ways.

Towntalk

Personally I couldn't care less Billy, I make my own burgers, but when  pay a visit to my hometown, I dine at Denny's ... they make fantastic burgers ... they are locally owned ... and if you accept one of their challanges you can save 50% on the cost of your burger.

Peggy Gurney

We don't eat at burger joints as a rule except for the (very) occasional Wendy's. Our preference is local places such as Arby's.
Most local burger places charge so much for just a burger that you can eat an entire meal at Bob Evans for the price of a burger at, for example, Martini's Burger Brothers, or any of the burger places around town.  ugh

My son likes mom's burgers more than any other anyway.   :P

~ Normal is overrated ~

Billy Mumphrey

Boycotting the local stores only will hurt the local owners/managers and employees should corporate close under-performing stores. You'd better think twice. ::)

Peggy Gurney

Actually, they are "in talks" about moving their headquarters to Canada.
Reason being is that the USA corporate tax is 35%, compared to Canada's 26.4%.

This is all according to the news broadcast at 6pm today, and Forbes.com

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Jay:
You are more familiar with the local restaurants than I am God bless your heart, so could you please provide us with a list of some of the locally owned sandwitch shops where we can get good burgers, fries and shakes?
I thank you for your help.

jay

I'll join the TTBKB (Town Talk Burger King Boycott)

Towntalk

Burger King announced that it will relocate its corporate headquarters out of the United States into a foreign country to escape U.S. Corporate taxes. Perhaps the time has come for Americans to BOYCOTT Burger King, and look for locally owned Burger restaurants or at least throw all our support behind companies like Covelli that are responsable local businesses.
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/08/26/burger-king-to-buy-tim-hortons-for-11-4-billion/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0