News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

I'm Disgusted

Started by jay, June 14, 2009, 09:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toymaker

Speaking of crime watch, there is an interactive crime map, located at

www.spotcrime.com

You can select 8 different icons representing 8 different crimes, and map their occurrences over a time period of your choice. But Y'town shows no data! Worked fine for Pittsburgh and Columbus. I just contacted them and they said

"We are not getting good data for Youngstown.  If you know anyone at the police department, let them know we do not charge."

I just recently discovered this site. It appears as though citizens can also report crime (which I would hope they would confirm before showing on the map). Could be a good deterant, but someone from the city needs to contact them and get this data problem fixed.

STEEL BUILT AMERICA!
The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.   -Mark Twain

Rick Rowlands

Yes I agree wholeheartedly.  I keep watch over my little part of town.  If everyone did the same perhaps we wouldn't have as many problems.

iwasthere

THE YTOWN RESIDENST MUST START COMING UP TO THE PLATE TO STOP THE FLIGHT TO THE SUBURBS BY INVOLVING THEMSELVES IN ANTICRIMEWATCH ORGAN, ATTEND COUNCIL MEETINGS, MEET WITH THEIR CITY LEADERS AND REPS ON A REGULAR BASIS, DEMAND SERVICES FROM ALL CITY GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTS AND ITS HEADS THAT THEY PAY THROUGH THEIR TAXES, DEMAND  PUBLIC MEETINGS ON A MONTHLY BASIS WITH THE CITY LEADERS UNTIL THE PROBLEMS THAT YTOWN CREATED THEMSELVES WITH HELP FROM THE SUBURBS ARE RESOLVED. IWASTHERE WILL NOT WAIT UNTIL THE SUBURBS COME AND HELP YTOWN BECAUSE THEY ARE DEALING WITH THEIR OWN PROBLEMS. THE SUBURBS RESIDENTS ALREADY PAY 70% OF THE CITY INCOME TAX AND THE CITY RESIDENTS PAY 30%. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE? YTOWN IT IS YOUR TURN TO STEP-UP TO PLATE AND TURN THESE PERCENTAGES NUMBERS AROUND INTO OUR FAVOR.

rusty river

Too late for that, Jay. Large portions of Austintown and Boardman already have similar problems as far as low income residents and obscenely high foreclosure rates go. Crime is also on the rise. It's going to get worse for the burbs before it gets better.

jay

To prevent the city's problems from spreading to the outlying areas, the suburbs should help to keep Youngstown's neighborhoods intact and viable.

sfc_oliver

As I said before I had to give up on the city. I could no longer expose my wife to the violence that she had been protected from her entire life.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

iwasthere

the policeofficier in question should be fired immediately because she admitted on the radio waves that she was not doing her job that she was hired to do in the first place. the YPD officier should have sought help from her fellow policeofficiers and chief and the current mayor's administration for assistance in crime that was happenning on her beat.

Oldmill

buy a weapon and protect yourself

Rick Rowlands

jay

A female YPD officer was talking on a radio program on Saturday morning.  She justified her past move to Boardman because her previous east side neighborhood had become unsafe.  She cited drug dealing, shootings and other criminal activity.

Now if police officers are not able to control crime in their own neighborhood, what are the rest of us to do?