News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

ODOT To Increase Public Transportation Funding

Started by jay, October 18, 2010, 08:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

Quote from: jay on October 19, 2010, 08:30:16 AM
I think the answer is in this sentence.

"Through significant project savings and additional federal resources, ODOT has identified up to $50 milllion in the current fiscal year..."

I didn't read it closely enough, I was looking for numbers.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

I think the answer is in this sentence.

"Through significant project savings and additional federal resources, ODOT has identified up to $50 milllion in the current fiscal year..."

northside lurker

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on October 19, 2010, 12:08:37 AM
OK so where are they getting the extra $40 million?   I thought Ohio was broke.

Since I don't think Jay's link provides an answer to your question, I'll guess that they just reallocated the extra $40 million from some other part of the ODOT budget, and don't need to come up with any new funds.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

Rick Rowlands

OK so where are they getting the extra $40 million?   I thought Ohio was broke.

northside lurker

--Thomas Edison

jay

The Ohio Department of Transportation will increase public transportation funding to $50 miilion in each of the next two years.  ODOT"s previous support was $10 million.