News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Oil Companies Shaft Youngstown Residents

Started by jay, April 29, 2013, 09:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

mea culpa wrong choice of words tar and feathered me, ytown shrimp. i will find you the article on this matter in the meantime chill out and eat your wheaties.

Youngstownshrimp

Terrence,
No energy company BUYS mineral rights, they LEASE them.  Total of France partnered with Chesapeake and own 90% of the leases in Columbiana and all the old Eastern Everflow leases surrounding Mill Creek park.  Before you make statements as a candidate to lead US, please have your facts straight.

iwasthere

Youngstownshrimp

More clearer, I never read not has it been documented that Total (French supermajor energy company) purchased mineral rights, anywhere in Ohio.

iwasthere

ytown shrimp i should had been clearer. a french gas and oil co. has bought all the land mineral rights on this side of ohio. they are waiting for their drilling perits from odnr.

Towntalk

GetGo – Belmont Ave. --- $3.57

Speed Check – McGuffey at Albert --- $3.49

Billy Mumphrey

I had a family member travel to Washington D.C. last week. Gas there was $4.15 a gallon!

jay

Gasoline prices have only dropped a few cents on the west side.  A gallon of regular is now $3.75.

Youngstownshrimp

iwasthere

the gas and oil on this side of ohio from fracking is being sold to russia, china and france as we complain about the gas prices. i say get a horse and save a tree, better yet plant one in the grn pty honor.

Youngstownshrimp

Ironic that the low information types here in Youngstown would rather fight American natural gas while stupidly paying big bucks for mideast oil and accept their bombing us.  Definitely the dumbing down of America.  I can say this because I served.

Rick Rowlands

Maybe they raised the pries because they know that the residents of the city are trying to screw them on May 7? 

Anyways, gas is still $3.41 in Hubbard, out here where we welcome fracking.

Billy Mumphrey

Why?Town

jay

$3.80 is just 15 cents short of the price of a two taco lunch at the Santa Fe on Tuesdays.