News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

East Side/Ross Industrial Park

Started by jay, April 06, 2011, 07:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

"Defund Youngstown"

The Gillams have plowed the eastside  during their reign into the garbage heap it is now!

Rick Rowlands

The park was sold to someone from Lisbon.  I believe their intent is to harvest the scrap on the site.   Had Gillam not intervened Metallico would be moving their recycling operation to that site bringing those jobs to the east side.  Instead Metallico is now dismantling their shredder and moving that operation to Neville Island.   

Nobody is going to build anything there.  It will be a weed grown vacant lot after the building is gone, and I would bet that the LLC that owns it now will cease to exist once they have made their money.  Another delinquent property in the making.

Youngstownshrimp

Anything to stop progress, I drove by and the heavy equiptment was still at work, I'm glad they didn't stop.

jay

There may be a few east side residents on the Forum.  It was reported today that Councilwoman Gillam prevented a portion of the Ross Industrial Parks from becoming a scrap yard.

Any opinion on this issue from east side residents?