News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Recordings Of Gunfire

Started by jay, March 10, 2009, 02:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty river

You're excused.

A city is no place for target practice and I agree that police should take these actions just as seriously as a gunfight.

Towntalk

Excuse me for living Rusty River.

If the divice helps nab the people who feel compelled to shoot their guns in our neighborhoods I'm all for it.

The question that I have is just how many of these shootings are at people and how many are by people that fire their guns just for the sake of firing them?

We've had people in our area that would wait till after midnight and go outside and fire several shots in the air for no good reason, and the divice when in place should help identify them for the police.

Towntalk

That last paragraph hit the nail square on the head Connie, and thank you for making it.

It's too bad that those who keep crying for universal health care don't seem to understand (or want to understand) that this is why our hospitals are in trouble now.

connie254

Gunfire was common day and night when I lived on Hilton. Police either never came or took forever to respond-3-4 hours wasn't uncommon. The only time I can recall the respobse was good was when I called about the neighbor's teen shooting a BB gun and pointed it across the street. They saw the police car go around the corner and ran inside. The father came out and told the police that his son was inside the whole time. Now the son plus the next younger one have criminal records. I'm sure the two youngest ones also do, but they're juveniles.

I don't know how to solve it. People like to say that these kids need a job. You just have to live in these neighborhoods to realize that these kids don't want a job. It would cut down on the time they can just hang out with their friends and girlfriends-and they would have to get up before noon and actually do something for money instead just collecting welfare,food stamps, and disability.
These are the same people we see in the hospital c/o headaches and get admitted for strokes, c/o indigestion and get admitted for r/o heart attack. Funny thing is they never have money for meds but always have money for cell phones, TV service, bluetooths, cigarettes, beer,etc. They are ones calling up for TV service while you are trying to get their medical history and threatening to report you because they want a full meal at 2am when the kitchen is closed. Meanwhile, the older people that really need to be there will decline the TV when you tell them how much it costs, and are grateful for what we can get them for food at that time.

sfc_oliver

I grew up on the southside. When we finally returned to Youngstown I moved onto the south side. I called the police because of a young man who fired a gun in the air during a fight across the street from my house. They finally got there and never questioned the young man. 2 months later he killed 2 people with that gun near south side park.

3 months later I moved my wife to the suburbs. She had never witnessed even a fist fight before. The shape of Youngstown today hurts my heart.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

jay

Several south side residents have told me that gunfire is heard almost every night in their neighborhood.

Question
Can someone recommend a way to record these shots?  Maybe a sound activated recording device would work.  We need a way to let our Forum members hear what it is like to live in these problem areas.

Maggy

Hi Guys,

Louie Free played it when I was with him on Monday.

Towntalk

Jay:

What station did you hear it on? It would be helpful if we knew this bit of information.

WKBN archives their local talk shows and if it were this station, if we knew the date and program we could find and listen to it.

I don't know about what the other local talk radio stations do since I don't listen to them.

jay

Does anyone know if this audio is located somewhere on the internet?

I would like all Forum members to hear it.

Maggy

Jay,

The incident occured on Boston, our city's Southside. From what I was told it was a recent taping of a 911 call. First, you hear the swishing sound of a firebomb followed with numerous rounds of gunfire. What is bonechilling though is the scream of a human being.

When it was played with the song My Hometown I was brought to tears.

jay

An audio clip of gunfire is being played on a local radio station.  The audio was supposedly recorded in a Youngstown neighborhood.

Questions
Which neighborhood was the location of the gunfire?
When was the recording made?