News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Scanner Question

Started by jay, May 25, 2008, 09:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yfdgricker

Quote from: sexyme1114@yahoo.com on December 14, 2008, 10:01:29 AM
can someone help get the signal back on my scanner where do i go for help i get all other police/fire except warrens please help

If I decipher your post correctly, you are not receiving Warren PD/FD on your scanner? Warren PD and FD are on an 800MHZ trunked system (so is Austintown so your probably not getting them either). Warren PD broadcasts on 151.220 also so try putting that in your radio. Unless you have a trunking scanner, Ausintown and Warren Fire are probably not going to work for you.

sexyme1114@yahoo.com

can someone help get the signal back on my scanner where do i go for help i get all other police/fire except warrens please help

AllanY2525

There are many software programs out there that will use your computer's sound
card input to decode Morse code into ASCII text, for those who are interested.

Ham radio operators use these types of programs all the time to send and
receive Morse code.

amgladdeb

I am trying to open the police scanenr sie and receiving a erropr message that the firewall needs disabled, I disbled and still can not open the site , should pop through the windows media player but not doing anything, and other solutions?

yfdgricker

By law, radio transmitters must broadcast their call sign and time. The morse code you hear is the Police Department's FCC call sign (KNBJ654) and the current time of the ID. The Fire Department's transmitter just ID'ed itself as I was typing this. The radio transmistters usually ID once an hour. If you ever listen to the YFD at 8:05, they set off the all stations tone and give their call sign when they test all the truck radios.

jay

I have a question about the YPD scanner.  What is the purpose of the Morse Code which I hear sometimes?