News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Why the Hate in Politics?

Started by Rick Rowlands, January 14, 2011, 12:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Moadus

Dennis is just doing what the left does best. They excel at accusing their political enemies of what they themselves do the most. Just look at where the violence has come from in the sixties (The Wheather underground and SDS). Take a look at the current violence anywhere in the world today; all leftists.

I must agree with Rick though that the left is courting disaster by pushing freedom loving Americans into a corner by their insistence on complete government control. Just look at their efforts to curtail speech by labeling certain speech as hate speech, their constant efforts to disarm America, and their desire to regulate what we can say and hear on the internet. Luckily, for them, they have been unable to successfully corrupt the election process, leaving the way to open for them to be defeated at the ballot box. Otherwise they may invite violence on a scale they never dreamt of.

Youngstownshrimp

Rick,

Atty. Hoza who sits in as a judge for judge Lanzo might be the one to contact regarding Dennis.

Dennis is clearly lost in cyberspace and we need to get him back, yes I agree the children are of concern.  I also have a feeling Dennis's monitor is duct taped to his face, he is online 24/7.

Rick Rowlands

Dennis, when you run for re-election I am going to have a good long talk with your opponent.  Even though I do not live in Struthers I feel that it is my civic duty to make sure you are voted out of public office.  A government official who clearly makes libelous accusations has no place in charge of the education of children.

irishbobcat

Shrimp.....

meanwhile...you hurt the infrastructure of the city by not paying your deadbeat taxes......

you are your neo-con buddies preach the anti-government talk...not I.....

You folks are dangerous....like George Wallace and his anti civil rights talk from the 1960's.....

How many freedom fighters and such were killed by anti civil rights talk in the 60's?????

When you preach hatred....it leads to violence.......case closed.

Youngstownshrimp

I think we need to bring all Dennis's post to the attention of the school board, I am sure they will forward to a shrink and get this guy some professional help.  If you notice his post have been degenerating in the past few months into rantings, this guy could hurt himself or someone else.

irishbobcat

I guess if you are anti-government, against the environment, and support
neo-con views....then yes, you would see something wrong with me.....

typical neo-con response....paint your accuser as being out in left field.....

you guys do this well...you must own the patent......

Why?Town

Quote from: irishbobcat on January 14, 2011, 01:52:08 AM
Rick......

wing nuts like yourself and your buddy in Arizona.

Rick, you are no different than the uni-bomber and the folks who blew up the federal

building in Oklahoma......

You guys are truely domestic terrorists.......

Dennis Spisak, There is truely something wrong with you.

You are the president of the Strthers school board yet you act more like a preschooler with your name calling and libelous posts.

Are you proud enough of your reply posts here to use them in your campaign?

irishbobcat

Rick......

you are one sick, warped neo-con.........

Blaming FDR and the Democrats from the 30's for today's political violence ? A typical response from right

wing nuts like yourself and your buddy in Arizona.  What a crock of $%#^........

Again....we see anti-government whack jobs like Rick try to play the "Victim card"....

how the government "hurting them"...oh woe is them.....

fact is, the government has helped your life a lot more than hurt you.....yet you

fail to recongnize that fact......

Rick, you are no different than the uni-bomber and the folks who blew up the federal

building in Oklahoma......

You and your kind make living in America scary. You guys are truely domestic terrorists.......

Towntalk

Rick, while I can understand where you're coming from, I should be remiss if I didn't point out that politics has always been a blood sport whether it's a case of one Senator whacking another Senator over the head with his cane, or dueling politicians, or fanatics murdering Presidents.

The newsmedia did its share of inciting strong feelings against politicians they were opposed to in terms that they wouldn't dare use today. Be it political cartoons in newspapers or one liners on the editorial pages they were more often than not very ugly and meant to incite the readers such as the downright racist attacks against Lincoln and Jefferson.

Back in the 1920's right here in Youngstown for example there was a bitter war between the Youngstown Telegram and the Vindicator over the KKK candidates for local offices. The Telegram supported the KKK candidates while the Vindicator supported the Anti-KKK candidates.

Going back earlier, there was a vicious battle locally between the "Know Nothing" people and the Anti-Know Nothing folks.

In both cases there were reports of violence.

In both cases the news media inflamed their readers.

While the language has somewhat softened the anger is still part amd parcle with politics, and its not confined to any one party.

Rick Rowlands

There was a time when government officials did not have to worry as much about their safety. Sure there was the occasional assassination attempt, but generally congressmen and senators could go about their days without much fear.  Today however, threats and violence seem to be much more common.

I have a theory as to why that may be so.  Our country was founded as a free society.  For the first 150 years or so government pretty much left the citizens alone to do what they wanted.  Citizens living in those times did not interact much with the government, and the decisions made by congress and the president didn't have much impact on their daily lives.   However, starting in the 1930s the role of government in the lives of its citizens has increased , and that influence is ramping up.  There is a clash brewing between the desire of government to control more of our lives, and our natural desire to be as free as our ancestors were.  As the number of freedoms diminish and the grip of the government tightens, I predict that more people will become violent as they fight back.  Is it wrong to become violent?  Generally I would say yes, but it is also wrong to try to muzzle and restrain the free American spirit through over criminalization and onerous regulations. 

So my advice to politicians worried about their safety, relinquish some of our freedoms back to the people.  Remove yourself from a position of having an excessive amount of control over the people's lives, and you will see that the threats will subside.