News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Ideas for Activities in Youngstown

Started by Jaime Hughes, January 10, 2011, 10:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

There are several fine Girl and Boy scout troops and Cub scout Packs in the area.

Jaime Hughes

Thanks so much guys! I am constructing a small packet of information for the Goodwill Industries to take their mentored kids!

Rick Rowlands

I can host tour groups of the Tod Engine heritage Park, and there is that other project in the works that we talked about a couple of months ago.

jay

Butler Museum of American Art
Ford Nature Education Center in Mill Creek Park
The SMARTS Center at DeYor
YMCA
The Mineral Museum at YSU
Planetarium at YSU
The Museum of Labor and Industry
Hiking in Mill Creek Park
Boating on Lake Glacier
The Children's Theater at the Youngstown Playhouse
Take a ride on a WRTA to most of these locations

The Childrens Museum of Science and Technology will open by summer of 2011

Jaime Hughes

I was recently approached by a few mentors from the GoodWill Industries that are mentoring young children (K-12) and were looking for activities within the city that doesn't include a movie theatre, video games etc. Can anyone think of ideas within Youngstown that could include a mentor and children? Any and every ideas are warmly welcomed! I would love to put together a small guide for them so that they will be able to have fun within our fine city! Thanks so much in advance everyone! (You can also include restaurants in the city that maybe most people may not be aware of!)