News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

East Side Lawlessness

Started by Rick Rowlands, December 02, 2005, 07:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YtownLogRunner

If it was a matter of priority, then of course it would go to ysu/northside.  That is the crown jewel of Youngstown.  Obviously, the East Side has big time issues.  I don't even know if that part of the city could ever be fully rehabilitated.

comact

you must give thanks to rufus hudson for this lawlessness on the eastside because he refused to fight for the weed and seed program to clean up this mess. he voted to give the weed and seed program to the northside and ysu. you wonder why? he works at ysu and does not care about the eastside residents.

MOLOCH

WITH ALL THE ROBBERIES, DRUGS  AND KILLINGS I AM NOT TO CONCERNED WITH TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS. THE PEOPLE ARE PROBABLY SCARED TO STOP AT THE LIGHTS FOR FEAR OF BEING RAPED, ROBBED OR CARJACKED .THEY APPARENTLY MADE THEM WITH NO WRECKS AS A CONSEQUENCE SINCE YOU DID NOT MENTION ONE. YOU PROBABLY DON'T SEE THE POLICE DRIVING AROUND BECAUSE THE POLICE ASSIGNED TO THE EAST SIDE  ARE ALWAYS ON A CALL OR AT A CRIME SCENE. YOU ALSO HAVE NO IDEA IF THE POLICE THAT TURNED LEFT ON THE RED LIGHT WAS HEADING TO A CALL, IT MAY NOT HAVE BEEN SAFE FOR HIM NOT TO STOP AT ANDREWS AVE. BUT WAS AT THAT LIGHT. THEY DO NOT ALWAYS USE THE LIGHT AND SIREN - SOMETIMES THEY WANT TO SNEAK UP  ;) 

Rick Rowlands

There is no police on the east side.   None.  Every day I witness at least one and sometimes more traffic violations on my way to and from Struthers from Liberty.  Heck one day driving toward town on Wilson Ave. I was following a cruiser who turned left on red onto east Federal St. then drove down to Andrews Ave. where he stopped for that light!  What the hell???  If our own police will not obey traffic signals and will not enforce these laws what hope is there for retaking the east side from the hoodlums? 

I hope Jay Williams cleans house in the police department and brings in a new chief that actually has law enforcement as a priority.