News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

A green party Governor and a A Renewable Energy Initiative for Ohio

Started by irishbobcat, January 28, 2010, 06:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

A green party Governor and a A Renewable Energy Initiative for Ohio

it's time to call for a Renewable Energy initiative for our state.  Over the past century we have created a world dependent on oil.

There are many ways to create energy. True, at this time there is nothing to date that equals the power of oil but there are new advancements in solar, wind, and geothermal technologies that are pushing the envelope on the potential or renewable energy. There will be a solution to the decline of oil only when state legislative leaders like myself and the general public make the decision to be part of the solution.

I am proposing that Ohio organize a renewable energy initiative to encourage energy conservation, energy efficiency practices, and to promote the use of renewable energy in homes businesses, and industry.

My initiative would have four goals:

Reduce barriers to the use of renewable energy by providing education and assistance to help citizens plan their energy futures.
Reduce the costs of renewable energy and energy efficiency products by negotiating with manufacturers, retailers, and trades people.
Reduce the installation costs of renewable energy by using a neighbor helping neighbor approach and by participating with local trades people.
Help citizens practice energy conservation by forming an energy assessment and action planning process.