News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Natural Gas Explosion at Midlothian and Lemoyne...

Started by yfdgricker, December 07, 2009, 09:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yfdgricker

At 1:58am, both the Youngstown Fire Department and the Boardman Fire Department were dispatched for a reported explosion at I-680 and Lemoyne. E9 arrived on scene and reported a major gas leak. Dominion was immediately called. While the Youngstown Police Department, Boardman Police Department and Ohio State Patrol worked to shut I-680 down in both directions, Engine 9 and several other YFD units plus Boardman Engine 74 and Chief 795 worked to evacuate homes in the area.

It wasn't till about 3:30am, that fire companies finally began clearing from the natural gas leak and explosion in the I680/Lemoyne/Sheridan/Midlothian Blvd area. Dominion was able to shut down the gas line. According to the latest news reports this morning, Midlothian and part of I-680 were damaged when the explosion occured and will remain closed until emergency repairs to the roadway can be made.

During this incident, the following companies responded, Youngstown Engines 9, 2, 3, Squad 33, Ladder 24, Battalion 1, Battalion 2, Boardman Engine 74 and Chief 795. Also involved in this incident were the Youngstown Police Department, Boardman Police Department, the Ohio State Patrol and Rural Metro EMS.