News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Three Write-In Candidates File For the Mayor's Race

Started by jay, September 04, 2009, 11:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

i saw Calvin Hill the write in candidate for the mayor's race last night at new bethal church's political forum. he did not speak but he was not on the agenda nor any other mayoral candidates were for the ytown's race. Tim Ryan took q/a from the crowd that evening concerning the house version of universal healthcare. Dan missed a great opportunity to voice his opinion on this issue.

jay

Have any of these write-in candidates attended political forums for this November's election?  I haven't seen a piece of literature for any of them.

iwasthere

why?town that is the reason for ytown residents should attend the following debates in ytown mayoral race Bethal Baptist, Union Baptist, westside coalition, 7Th ward citizens coalition, and McGuffey ctr debates to find out where these birds stand on ytown issues.

Why?Town

Quote from: Elmo-Ytown on September 15, 2009, 01:26:19 PM
Are they democrats, republicans, independents? More importantly are they conservatives, liberals? What is the date of the election and how long are the terms?

I would think that their positions on issues affecting the city would be more important than what pigeonhole they can be placed in.

iwasthere

we will soon know when the debates start up at different functions in the city.

Elmo-Ytown

Are they democrats, republicans, independents? More importantly are they conservatives, liberals? What is the date of the election and how long are the terms?

iwasthere

calvin hill attends council meetings on a regular basis. the other two i do not know them unless i see a pic of the ind(s).

jay

Three candidates have filed as write-ins for the mayor's race in Youngstown.  The names are Cecil Monroe, Calvin Hill, and Scott Chittock.

Does anyone know these individuals?