News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Mail Delivery - Very Slow Lately

Started by jay, January 06, 2021, 04:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

jay

Here is another example

A bill was mailed to me on Monday, December 28, 2020.

I received a bill in the mail on Friday, January 22, 2021.

My payment is due on Monday January 25, 2021.

joly1584

Now we are receiving checks back that we issued to vendors marked as UNDELIVERABLE.  The reason is because the envelopes got stuck in the processing machines-but you can still read the address.

A check that a customer issued to us on November 18th was received in our mail on January 5th.

The utility companies have been very gracious about removing late charges due to the mail being so messed up.  AT&T not so much - they want to disconnect our phones.

jay

Thursday, January 7

Today I received another Christmas card in the mail.  The envelope post mark was December 22, 2020.

joly1584

An article in today's Plain Dealer states the week before Christmas 28% of the mail was delivered on time.  The week before that 37% of the mail was delivered on time.

The article did not give a comparison to what is usually delivered on time during the Christmas season.

joly1584

The mail service has been slow since early December.  The company I work for is still waiting to receive some items that were mailed December 1st.  Also waiting for some checks the customers say they mailed in November.

jay

On Monday of this week, I received a Dominion Energy bill in the mail.  I don't know where the envelope has been but the bill inside requested payment by December 28, 2020.

And Today

Today I received a Christmas card in the mail.  The envelope was postmarked December 12, 2020.